Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Tiger Tail Review

TIGER TAIL PRODUCT REVIEW

By: Mike and Kristin Plourde

When we first got the package, we thought it seemed really heavy. After taking the Tail out of the box, we determined it’s really not that heavy compared to most winches and tow systems you can get out there and it seemed to be extremely well built, and it has to have some weight to it to be able to do it’s job! The Rhino is not only a fun means of transportation, it is also our recovery vehicle at races and any time someone finds their limits in the mud. So, we immediately took it out to the garage to go put it on the Rhino.

When we first looked at the set up we thought, “This will be interesting to get a wrench between the spool and the bottom mounting plate.“ But to our surprise they covered this, the bolts have a collar which drops into the bolt hole and holds it in place. All it took was one wrench on the bottom nut. This process took maybe five minutes. The unit easily slides right into the receiver. At this point the only down fault I have seen was it does not come with a pin to hold it in the receiver, I was required to buy an additional one. Not a big deal but a tiny inconvenience.

DSCF8149.jpg

Eager to try out the Tiger Tail, we headed out to a local ride spot to test it out. Lucky for us as we were unloading the toys someone in an Isuzu Trooper, not meant for the mud, found a mud hole. He managed to bury his front end in the peanut butter-like slop up to the bumper. With the rear tires barely clinging to the surface by inches of hard packed dirt, he was not moving. So we thought this could be the perfect time to test out the Tiger Tail and be of a little assistance. I backed the Rhino up to his vehicle, and found it takes some slack on the rope before the hook will come out of the holder. As soon as the hook was free, it easily extended and retracted. We hooked it up to the Trooper and I slowly pulled forward to fully extend the rope. This being a heck of a first test for the Tiger Tail, I floored the Rhino, spinning the tires on the hard pack. To my amazement , the Rhino started inching forward and before we knew it, he was out of the slop and on to the hard stuff. We unhooked the Tiger Tail and it went right back into it’s housing trouble free.

DSCF8152.jpg

DSCF8153.jpg

th_DSCF8179.jpg

From what we have seen so far, this is an absolutely amazing product. From the first glance of the Tiger Tail we knew it was well built and well thought out. We know that it will definitely come in handy out on the trails and the track. They even put a hole on the main bracket so you can still have a ball for towing on the back of your rig. Great idea! We will definitely recommend it to all of our friends. This is also one of those products that everyone who sees it wants to know all about it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Sofaspud
      My 2008 can-am Outlander 800r is having hard shifting issues. Does anyone have a fix for this ?
    • By Am2007
      Hi everyone,
      Outlander 2006 400 XT i have replace the startor cover and right after i did that the oil light is on and not turn off, i check the wires and checked the oil level, everything seem to be normal quad is starting without any problem and rev just fine. i did not want to ride it since im not sure if it is faulty sensor or not so just be safe i did not let it run more the a minute or so. 
      I have read in the owner manual that i need to clean the oil strainer every 200hr unfortunately i never did that, my service manual that i have does not even indicate of such a thing. so i did some search around and it seem like canam split the manual into 3 parts
      owner manual
      service manual
      engine manual
      I have the first 2 but i can not find the last one, part number 219100232. If someone can guide me where do i find the oil strainer so i can clean it i will appreciate it.   im going to do an oil pressure test tomorrow to check how many PSI i have, just to make sure.
      Thanks
    • By jashadams
      Hey all back again with my 1989 moto 4 250.
      After putting a new carb on it it's really sputtery, it has new gas and I'm wondering what to tune on the carb to make it idle better. I've attached a video to describe the issue more. The bike is still work in progress but I think the video gets the point across. Thanks!
      Snapchat-1142015191.mp4
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By huntindog
      I am in the process of puting it back together after replacing the DPS gearbox.
      The manual I have states that it will need to be flashed by a dealer. Is this still true?
      Also , I have a mystery bolt That I cannot remember where it goes. M6x 70 or so.  Hex head with a flat washer.I will try to attach a pic.
      Pic is no go for now....Cox issue I will try again later
      TIA
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content