Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

TIGER TAIL PRODUCT REVIEW

By: Mike and Kristin Plourde

When we first got the package, we thought it seemed really heavy. After taking the Tail out of the box, we determined it’s really not that heavy compared to most winches and tow systems you can get out there and it seemed to be extremely well built, and it has to have some weight to it to be able to do it’s job! The Rhino is not only a fun means of transportation, it is also our recovery vehicle at races and any time someone finds their limits in the mud. So, we immediately took it out to the garage to go put it on the Rhino.

When we first looked at the set up we thought, “This will be interesting to get a wrench between the spool and the bottom mounting plate.“ But to our surprise they covered this, the bolts have a collar which drops into the bolt hole and holds it in place. All it took was one wrench on the bottom nut. This process took maybe five minutes. The unit easily slides right into the receiver. At this point the only down fault I have seen was it does not come with a pin to hold it in the receiver, I was required to buy an additional one. Not a big deal but a tiny inconvenience.

DSCF8149.jpg

Eager to try out the Tiger Tail, we headed out to a local ride spot to test it out. Lucky for us as we were unloading the toys someone in an Isuzu Trooper, not meant for the mud, found a mud hole. He managed to bury his front end in the peanut butter-like slop up to the bumper. With the rear tires barely clinging to the surface by inches of hard packed dirt, he was not moving. So we thought this could be the perfect time to test out the Tiger Tail and be of a little assistance. I backed the Rhino up to his vehicle, and found it takes some slack on the rope before the hook will come out of the holder. As soon as the hook was free, it easily extended and retracted. We hooked it up to the Trooper and I slowly pulled forward to fully extend the rope. This being a heck of a first test for the Tiger Tail, I floored the Rhino, spinning the tires on the hard pack. To my amazement , the Rhino started inching forward and before we knew it, he was out of the slop and on to the hard stuff. We unhooked the Tiger Tail and it went right back into it’s housing trouble free.

DSCF8152.jpg

DSCF8153.jpg

th_DSCF8179.jpg

From what we have seen so far, this is an absolutely amazing product. From the first glance of the Tiger Tail we knew it was well built and well thought out. We know that it will definitely come in handy out on the trails and the track. They even put a hole on the main bracket so you can still have a ball for towing on the back of your rig. Great idea! We will definitely recommend it to all of our friends. This is also one of those products that everyone who sees it wants to know all about it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By utvboard
      Ride Review:
      As the owner of a pretty tricked out 2008 Kawasaki Teryx, I am very familiar with the Teryx. My Teryx did not stay stock long, but I recently spent three days in a bone stock 2008 Teryx on a ride to the Grand Canyon.
      The 2008 Teryx is a great machine, but my biggest complaint was that it came out with carbs instead of fuel injection. In less that a year since the first Teryxs hit dealer floors, Kawasaki dealers are already selling 2009 Teryxs with EFI. The New digital fuel inject on the Teryx is really nice. The engine starts right up and idles smoothly. On acceleration, the 2009 Teryx felt more crisp and seemed to get up to top speed a little quicker. While it is not a night and day difference, I definitely preferred everything about the EFI on the 2009 over the carburetors on the 2008.
      Next up on the list of what's new is a fuel gauge. I know it doesn't seem like something to get that excited about, but I do some long distance rides, and the fuel level display takes the mystery out of "I wonder how much fuel I have left?"
      The Teryx Sport has upgraded aluminum wheels which not only look much better, but are also 2.2 lbs. lighter than the standard steel wheels. Losing unsprung weight not only requires less energy to get the tires spinning, but also helps the suspension work better. And as a little bonus, the aluminum wheels are actually strong that their steel counterpart.
      Suspension is on the 2009 Teryx Sport has a few upgrades as well. The gas-charged Kayaba shocks have reservoirs all the way around to help reduce fade in rough terrain. The preload adjustment is step-less, and they have fully adjustable rebound and compression (high and low speed) damping. Although we did not have any opportunities to jump the new Teryx Sport, we did get into some nasty whoops and hard g-outs.
      I felt the Teryx Sport suspension handled the terrain better than a standard Teryx suspension. The ride through the light chop was a bit smoother than a standard Teryx and when we got into the whoops I felt a little more comfortable as well. Although I was able to bottom out the front shocks on a few hard g-outs, a standard shock would have gone to the stops more often and with more force. Overall, even though I did not spend any time trying to fine tune the adjustments on the new Sport shocks, I think they are a worthy improvement over standard shocks.
      The Lime Green plastic on the Teryx Sport is a great color. Much more sharp than the drab green found on the 2008 Teryx. And with all the UTVs out in the dunes in Glamis, there is no doubt that you are in a Kawasaki when you are driving it.
      The 2009 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport has a MSRP of $11,899.

A full list of all new 2009 Kawasaki Teryx improvements and photo galleries can be found here.
      Links:

2009 Kawasaki Teryx Sport Press Intro
      2009 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport Review
      Teryx 750 FI 4x4 Sport - Kawasaki

More...
    • By fede hanssen
      Hi all,
      I have just got a 1995 Bayou 220 from my brother. It is in decent condition ant it has not been used much, yet it has been sitting idle for a long time (4+ years).
      The plan is to overhaul it and move it to a location where it will be used 4-6 times a year, so, beyond having the battery charged, the idea is to have it ready and in good condition. It will be stored in a steltered place while waiting to be used.
      My questions would be: 1. What things should I carry out as basic overhaul tasks / 2. What are the typical aches, things to watch out for in this model/year.
      I definitely plan on changing all the fluids, filters,  battery, cleaning the carb, etc. but any specific recommendation from your experience will be of great help.

thanks in advance!
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Jcolgin
      I have a 1998 Big bear 350...the tail pipe/spark arrestor is broke in the exhaust....how can I get it out to replace it? And what's the best way to get the new one in?
    • By Admin
      Warn Industries offers the most trusted, recognized, and innovative winches on the market. Asked for by name and proven in the harshest environments worldwide, WARN winches are the only name to trust when it’s all on the line. 
      From April 1 through May 31, 2019, Warn Industries is offering to put cash in your hands and WARN winches on vehicles.

Whether you're looking for a Standard Duty VR winch, a Premium ZEON, the Ultimate Performance of the ZEON Platinum, or a Heavyweight series winch, you can get up to $100 cash back this spring. With a variety of features, capacities from 8,000 lbs. to 16,500 lbs., and legendary WARN durability, we've got a winch for just about every rig out there. 
      If you're after a winch for your ATV or Side x Side, we've got a rebate for powesports vehicles, too. Get $40 cash back on our new line of state-of-the-art AXON winches and our high-performance standard-duty VRX winches. Both feature IP68 waterproofing, an array of features, and capacities ranging from 2,500 lbs. to 5,500 lbs.. 

Be sure you're ready to GO PREPARED this spring and equip your vehicle with a WARN winch. This is a limited-time offer, so don't delay—check out the details on warn.com and check out some of the Warn ATV winch lineup on Amazon.com

NAME PART NUMBER CASH BACK VR8 WINCH 96800 $50.00 VR8-S WINCH 96805 $50.00 VR10 WINCH 96810 $50.00 VR10-S WINCH 96815 $50.00 VR12 WINCH 96820 $50.00 VR12-S WINCH 97035 $50.00 ZEON 8 WINCH 88980 $75.00 ZEON 8-S WINCH 89305 $75.00 ZEON 10 WINCH 88990 $75.00 ZEON 10-S WINCH 89611 $75.00 ZEON 12 WINCH 89120 $75.00 ZEON 12-S WINCH 95950 $75.00 ZEON PLATINUM 10 WINCH 92810 $100.00 ZEON PLATINUM 10-S WINCH 92815 $100.00 ZEON PLATINUM 12 WINCH 92820 $100.00 ZEON PLATINUM 12-S WINCH 95960 $100.00 16.5TI WINCH 68801 $100.00 16.5TI-S WINCH 97740 $100.00 M15 WINCH 47801 $100.00 M15-S WINCH 97730 $100.00 M12 WINCH 17801 $100.00 M12-S WINCH 97720 $100.00  
      NAME PART NUMBER CASH BACK AXON 35 WINCH 101135 $40.00 AXON 35-S WINCH 101130 $40.00 AXON 45 WINCH 101145 $40.00 AXON 45-S WINCH 101140 $40.00 AXON 45RC WINCH 101240 $40.00 AXON 55 WINCH 101155 $40.00 AXON 55-S WINCH 101150 $40.00 VRX 25 WINCH 101025 $40.00 VRX 25-S WINCH 101020 $40.00 VRX 35 WINCH 101035 $40.00 VRX 35-S WINCH 101030 $40.00 VRX 45 WINCH 101045 $40.00 VRX 45-S WINCH 101040 $40.00   POWERSPORT WINCHES REBATE FORMS
      CONSUMER REDEMPTION FORM

View full post
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By creece
      I have a 2003 kodiak, 450, that the tail, light is being turned on by front brake control handlebar lever which I dont think should even happen . I have disconnected the brake switch by removing the spring. You can barely touch the lever and the tail light comes on the problem is after parking there is enough contact that the light dont burn but it will run the battery down in a period of 24 hours. Its a good machine with right at 5000 miles and 1500 hours but I am at the end of my rope with it
    • By Gunny
      Since my tracking days are over for this season, ... I put together some clips from all my different Track Rides to show just how much fun I & my riding buddies had !!
      It's a tad long again, ... but I did leave out a lot of what I felt was good stuff. So I hope you enjoy what I did put together !!
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblyntKZE8k]2013 2014 Tracking Season In Review - YouTube[/ame]
    • By AZRocks
      This is a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 X2 modification to make the taillights only come on when the headlights are on. Normally the taillights are always on, which I admit is very helpful when following someone on the trail in lowlight conditions. I prefer to have the option of when the lights are on, so I installed the following mod to my Polaris.
      Parts:
      - 1 x Bosch style relay. Amazon: AGT (5 Pack) 30/40 AMP Relay with Harness; spdt 12V Bosch Style (40AMP-HRNS) for 13.99.
      - 1 x 1N400X diode (I used a 1N4004, but any diode in the series should be fine)
      - Wire connectors, preferably marine grade heat shrinkable.
      - Heat shrink wrap.
      - Wire protection: split loom and nylon sleeve.
      - Wire: 5 feet of 16-18 gauge.
      Bosch relay info: CHETS CIRCUITS (and scroll down to yellow diagram near mid page--thanks Chet)
      Basic concept:
      1. Splice into a headlamp wire and run it to relay pin 85; ground pin 86 to the frame.
      2. Cut the two taillight wires (L and R), and connect one side of the cut (both L and R) to relay pin 30, and the other side to pin 87.
      3. When the headlights are on, power from the headlight wire to pin 85 causes the relay to close the taillight connection through pins 30 and 87 to make the taillights turn on. When the headlights are off, the connection between pins 30 and 87 is open, resulting in the taillights being off.
      4. The brake lights are on their own circuit, so will still work normally.
      5. The relay only draws about 170 milliamps from the headlight splice so there is no apparent change in headlight intensity.
      6. I don’t think joining the individual L and R taillight wires to pass through the relay (pins 30 and 87) has any effect on the electrical system since they come from the same splice upstream.
      My install used a 5 pin relay with pig tail wire connector. I removed the unneeded center pin wire (87a pin):
      [ATTACH]1759[/ATTACH]
      I pulled out the 85 and 86 wire pins and soldered a 1N4004 diode in as a precaution against back EMF. Back EMF is a voltage spike caused when power is removed from the relay that could cause damage to switches in a system not specifically designed to have a relay. An electrician may know better whether or not this is needed to protect the headlight system of the quad. Note the diode’s cathode end must connect to the power wire (pin 85 in this case), and anode end must connect to the grounded wire (pin 86), I.E. Reversing the diode polarity will cause a short and potential damage. An option is to purchase a relay with an integrated diode. Diodes are cheap at Radio Shack. I suspect installing a diode is overkill, but I had the time and energy . . .
      Soldered in diode and with connectors and diode reinstalled:
      [ATTACH]1764[/ATTACH]
      Next, I found a place to mount the relay. On the left side frame, next to the air box, was a foot-well brace bar that bolts into the frame. I mounted the relay on this bolt and also connected the relay ground wire (pin 86) to the bolt by crimping a ring connector to the wire:
      [ATTACH]1762[/ATTACH]
      Then I very carefully removed a half inch of insulation from the front left headlight power wire (a green wire on my quad) and soldered in a wire to connect to pin 85. I put a nylon sleeve on this wire and ran it back to the relay, following existing wire looms and zip tying it in place:
      [ATTACH]1763[/ATTACH]
      Next I accessed the taillight wires--the PS500 X2 made this easy since it has a dump bed that lifts up. For typical quads, you may need to remove the rear storage rack to access the taillight loom. As you can see in the pic, my taillight wires are red w/white trace, the brake light wires are orange, and the ground wires are dark brown. Cut the taillight wires and crimp on connectors, then connect to pins 30 and 87 (black and blue wires in my case). Polarity doesn’t matter. View from above:
      [ATTACH]1763[/ATTACH]
      Made all the connections to the relay then tested the light system. Worked like a champ. I used shrink wrap and tape to seal the connections then put split loom wire protection over the wires between the relay and taillight loom and zip tied everything in place.
      I also spliced in a license plate light to the taillight circuit. I used tape to mask the dome so only a slit is open to shine softly on the plate.
      Had a couple more pics, but apparently can only upload up to 5 total, or per post.