Quantcast

Issue 10 Tips and Tricks

Admin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By p5200
      Hello, what is the best method for installing bearings into their race? I've set one in place and tapped it down until it was metal on metal. Is that sufficient? Surely it's not supposed to go into the race until flush? Also. does the coil spring on the seal go into carrier bearing housing not facing out? Thanks! 🙂 Seal goes in until flush correct?
    • By p5200
      Does the pull rope have to be on the machine to get top dead TDC? The rope was gone on this one when I got it. Or, can a plastic tool be used in spark plug hole to feel for TDC on compression stroke? Thanks for all info! 🙂
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By tryn2hrd
      I have a rancher 420 TM that since i bought it has a cold hard shift problem beyond a doubt clutch is not releasing by shift lever. After it gets good and hot it shifts ok. Tried preloading adjustment screw clutch releases and shifts smooth but slips. Have had the clutch out and apart twice for inspection and didnt see anything wrong. Any tips will be appreciated. I've ran out of things to try instead of throwing new parts at it.