Quantcast

Issue 9 Tips and Tricks

Admin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By p5200
      Hello, would this be a good Master Link tool for pressing master link plate back on? I've seen others made of aluminum but thought this one might hold up better. Thanks! 🙂 
      https://www.amazon.com/BARTOO-Motorcycle-Convenient-pressing-Alignment/dp/B0C4FB1V7D/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KRW04WLD82EI&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.4Y2_vOEctIVv0vgmajSYXL844RphCjGBrMsiewv7Z1sVIMYMM5OQNBL0cXeHLmUDsnKMO5JffQPEP8vl4xuxCUczEfKGgw4r-MYmLgCzydGm9sHnK8hX7o1AqXunVpgpR8RrfQ8noUmfLyoxTqUcrl9tj82jDWeB5CL1rifd--ufsiyaWkBl4omd_1qyx7a97BvOTogpK40NTm9BfKjSt2H5mXrjEnhEOcxSYxUHiRx61KbfDBaA8B9CvwQjM3qGIf4Ay1zWxxPURTnX5qjhddcAADez5JNCFVrUYeLE-7M.sFaeyu09Q7O8v9B0NPjaDYDuHqVqE4uyxspDEpxBs6U&dib_tag=se&keywords=chain+press+tool+for+polaris+500+scrambler&qid=1709916341&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=chain+press+tool+for+polaris+500+scrambler%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-3
    • By p5200
      2000 honda trx300ex. It's been sounding like it's been cranking too fast and not hitting at all. I took the 2 valve adjustment caps off and while cranking, the valves don't move at all. Getting good spark and fuel. Surely, there should be movement with the valves opening and closing. Am I correct on this assumption? Thanks folks!
    • By JesseWeber
      I have a Yamaha grizzly 600 that smokes and seems to have a rich mixture. I can't find that it has any high speed mixture adjustment. It came with a carb which was supposed to be new. Would a new carb have such a problem? The float had to be set quite low to avoid overflowing the bowl which could suggest a poor needle valve. I don't know if that related. Anybody know what my problem is?
    • By BenderIsGreat
      Hey all,  I've been working on getting up enough posts to download the service manual, but in the mean time, maybe someone is interested if giving me a few deets in a reply?  If not, no worries.

I'm look to confirm a couple things that I've picked up from Google searches.

First, I've heard that the factory mixture setting on the carb for this bike is 2 full turns out.  Can people confirm?  I've also heard that it's a fuel mix valve, not air, so screw in to lean, out to richen?  Is that correct?

And for the valve clearances, I've heard two different specs, one is intake 0.004" and exhaust 0.006", and that other I heard from a youtuber who claimed this bike had 'very tight' valve clearances, said 0.002" intake, and 0.004" exhaust.

If anyone wants to comment on the above, I would be appreciative, if not though I'll keep posting until I can download that service manual

• By Ralph Wayne Wright Jr.
      At the end of last summer, my 02 Bear Tracker began to run poorly- long story short, the air box cover HAS to be on and sealed... now it runs ok, except it idles poorly, and I began to hear a "chik" noise on deceleration. This has become obvious chain noise hot. Runs great at throttle, poorly at idle. I pulled the cam cover- and the chain has no appreciable slop.... could this be a failing ratchet in the tensioner? Anyone seen this? I'm about to pull the tensioner. I COULD install a manual one, but if the factory one lasts several years, I may go back that way. I'd rather ride than wrench. FYI- ASE Master since 82, blah blah blah- small engines are NOT my bag. All replies GREATLY appreciated!