Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2004 Suzuki Vinson 500 battery issue?

bsbella

I bought a used 2004 Suzuki Vinson 500 and it ran great the first 2 times I ran it. A week later, I went to use it to plow the drive and it wouldn't start with the key. There was nothing lit up on the digital dash. I did pull start it successfully and ran it for a while thinking the battery was dead but the instrument panel was flashing off and on and I still could not shift to 4 wheel drive or use the winch. When I shut it down an hour later, I tried turning the key again and it was completely dead. Any idea's?

Sounds like the battery is just not holding a charge. I would charge it like Buck Billy said and see how long it is good for. Or remove it and take it to Sears Auto or anothe replace and have them test it. You don't need to go to the ATV delaer for a new battery, you can buy a DieHard motorcycle battery from Sears Auto or get one from any auto parts store.

• 2 weeks later...

I know. I'm a day late and a dollar short.

While your checking the battery, check all the grounds. battery, frame grnd, eng grnd. A simple meter set for continuity will let you know if there is a break. batteries won't charge with a bad ground. We used to have to add a secoundary ground from battery to stator housing on the old 80's inline 4 motorcycles to keep from boiling out the batteries. If the battery you have is lead acid type and has been used low on distilled water, or froze, it's toast.

Any parts store will do a free load test.

• 1 month later...

My 07 was doing the exact same thing but if u pulled the battery off you would have noticed the problem i had. Mine was doing that exact same thing but what mine was because crud plugged up the drain hole in the battery/electrical box so the elec/ fuses were full of water, once it drained out and dried up all runs good. so u may wanna check the fuse panel area make sure everything is dry and not corroded.