Quantcast

Anyone here have any Pull????

Are you Trailer Camping or Tent Camping????

There is Half Moon Bay Camp Ground....Primitive for Trailers and Tents...There is also

www.discoverypointresort.com

They pretty much have anything you want...Full Hook ups...cabins,,Showers....ATV shop,,,Rentals....Etc.....

Its nothing huge...Its not dunefest...just some people getting together every yr to clean the place up....:wink:

Glad you are thinking about it....

It not being a huge thing is what makes it perfect. I just want to get out of town for a bit and tear up some sand. I am also happy to do my part to keep our riding areas clean and OPEN. If everyone trashes these places and no one is willing to pick up afterthemselves, then we will likely lose the privilege. I am not sure how I will be camping yet, that depends on who I can get to go with me.

Not yet, I plan to make it at the end of this week, I am still trying to figure out how many people I can get to go with me. I have been looking at condo and house rentals with dune access, quite a few killer places for $150-200 a night, most have garages and hot tubs and sleep up to 12-13 people. There will probably be atleast me and a buddy, but I may get my boss and his fam and a few other friends to go, they are interested, but haven't commited yet. At this point, I am looking forward to it so much, I will come by myself if I have to.

I have decided on a place, it is a little house with a decent size garage to park the toys in and it is only seconds away from the riding area. I don't think there is direct riding access, but the whole trailer will fit in the garage with the quads loaded on it so all we will have to do is hook up and go. Unfortunately, MWKE, there is no hot tub at this one, so you may not be needing the speedo. But it was cheap, looks like a decent place, pretty cheap, and sleeps up to 7 people, 4, if no one shares a bed. But most important to me is the garage, I want to be able to sleep at night, knowing my stuff is relatively safe and locked up. I am still waiting to hear back from the owner, but the dates I want are open, and I plan to pay for the stay now before I blow the extra cash. I figure, if I take care of the lodging, whoever else comes with can pay for the gas to get down there.

Yeah, I think that right, it is on the NE corner of Windy Cove County Park. I didn't notice at first that there is a three night minimum stay, so I am trying to convince my buddies to take Monday off work too and stay an extra night. They are wanting to just find a campground with direct access, so we will see. I want to have a secure place to store my bikes so I can bring the 500R too, but I guess I can wait a while longer to get that beast in the sand, maybe camping won't be such a bad idea. Saving a few bucks and being able to ride off whenever we please will be nice, and I guess it won't be so bad having only one quad to ride around. I have just bought a couple of goodies for the LTR, so it should be a little more fun out there than it would be now.

I wouldnt worry about leaving your rides out while you sleep...The camp grounds are full of enthusiasts just like yourself and will respect your stuff....I have never had a problem in Winchester Bay or any other Dune Set in Oregon or California....Not saying that people like that dont exist, I have heard stories....I just dont think its anything to worry about.....I usually just park them up close to the trailer and go to bed....My Buddie insists on locking all his Stuff....Which is fine too....

Discoverypointresort.com is the place to camp for Sand Access....they have the Cabins too remember....LOL.....

I have decided on Discovery point. I am a nervous freak when it comes to leaving my stuff unattended. It isn't so much going to sleep, because I know I will be right there close by. I am more concerned with leaving one of my rides unattended while I am out riding the other. Besides, I think we will only have enough room on the truck and trailer for 3 quads, since there will be three of us coming, I only get to bring one anyways. I just got a few go fast goodies for the LTR, so I won't miss the 500R as much.

Haven't decided, my friends want to keep it on the cheap and camp and I am leaning toward the cabin, we will decide soon after one friend gets his time off from work approved. I wanted to have a place booked by now, and am in kind of a rush to get things set so I may end up comprimising on the camp site just to get it done and over with.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be arriving on the 23, time all depends on what time we can drag out carcassas out of bed in the morning. I am hoping to be there around noonish, but we will see what happens. As it stands right now, 2 people are coming with me and a 3rd is likely. If anyone else decided to come along they will need to make thier own arrangements for lodging because I can only have 4 people staying in the cabin. I am trying to get my cousin and his wife to come down, but I haven't even been able to get them out on the trails with me once over the past year. They got 2 brand new quads that have only been ridden like 3 times.