Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

i have a 3000lb venom winch that will pull in with the switch but wont push out with the switch , i have to spool it everytime. any ideas why?

Maybe something is not connected properly, could be a bad relay, or the switch itself may be faulty. A test light or multimeter could be a big help in diagnosing your problem, just follow the power from the battery through the switch and to the winch motor, you should be able to find where the power supply is interupted.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By chuckufarlie
      I tried to turn my Warn Vantage 2000 into neutral to spool out the line and the clutch is very stiff... I got it.
      When trying to engage it again, it was also very stiff and I ended up breaking off the thumb tab -- so I guess I will need to buy a new gear end housing for that.
      Anyway, is there some maintenance that is needed to keep the clutch turning smoothly or some trick I am missing?
    • By Brer Wilson
      Great value for less than $50.00

• By Michael Hill
      My Grizzly started dying in the middle of riding it.  Most of the time it was as I was decelerating or idling.  It did this for a while and I thought it was just bad fuel.  I had siphoned out most of the tank and put fresh fuel in it thinking this would fix it.  However, after riding it some with the fresh fuel it was still doing it.  Last night it died and I couldn't get it restarted.  The battery is 8 years old so I thought maybe this was not keeping enough charge so I put a brand new battery on it.  Still nothing.  I pulled the spark plug to find I had zero spark.  Does anyone have the service manual that walks you through all the steps you are to take when you aren't getting spark?  I was just going to go back to the coil next and keep tracing my way back.  I'm not sure what resistance should be at the coil nor exactly how to test it.  Also not sure how to test the plug to make sure that is good.  

Any help you guys could lend would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Chris Abshire
      Changed fuel pump, has spark and good compression. Tried a gravity feed trick and still couldnt get it to fire off. But it does try to crank when i spray starter fluid. With pump connected and fuel hose off, it should still pump fuel, correct ? But its not. And i cant find anything online about this bike. Has less than 200 hrs, so barely gets ridden (wifes). New fuel in tank. Any suggestions would help. Thanx....
    • By Arizona
      I recently bought a used 220 They said needs carb work, ran fine when parked (4 years ago)
      After looking at it. I have no power at ign. switch or coil, lights etc. Have power at starter relay which I can jump and it cranks
      but of course no spark. Is there a fuse I am missing? Found one under steering wheel, 2 wires connected to it which aren't there anymore. 
      Battery fully charged just no power anywhere that I can see. Need ideas where to start. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jacob Blocker
      I have been trying to get my 300ex to start for sometime. a few days i got it to start over and over and then the next day it wont start. I do the value lash and keep the covers off. I was (prob exhaust) smoke coming out of the covers with for the valves. I also noticed that the crank position marker had smoke also coming out, but i just thought it was from the head and it being in the cold. The hole for the position marker also has air come out when it turns over, but it is very light of air flow.
    • By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric