Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Lgumpp

2002 Scrambler Upgrades??

Just bought a 02 scrambler just looking for ideas to do to it and im looking for hand guards.. any help???

I have a 2000 Scrambler that I was going to enter into the modified ATV contest but I missed the closing date. However, I will list a few items here and try to post some pictures. Complete custom paint job done by me with rattle cans, flam shock covers, flame seat cover, flame hand grips, bored engine 30 over, rebuild and polished top end, bored and polished carburator, custom headder pipe, custom exhaust pipe, HMF performance muffler, custom hand guards, custom made two inch lift, 26 inch mud lite tires, chrome wheels, custom rebuilt drive clutch, custom rebuilt driven clutch, custom made winch mount, 2500lbs winch with blue synthetic rope, extra headlights, and many more little improvements. Bike has very good torque and very fast top end, even with the over sized tires.

I bought this bike new in 2000 and bought a Polaris 850xp Browning eddition back last year, so I took the time to rebuild this bike for my wife to ride. She wont ride anything else and goes every where the big Polaris 850xp goes.

I posted a before picture and four after pictures. I appologize but some of the mods I have listed were completed after the these pictures were taken, this was last springs project and planning a few other things for this spring. I will try to update the post with some newer pictures as I get the new mods completed.

Please tell me what you think about my wife's little pink and black ride. If anyone wants more details, please let me know. I am looking forward to some constructive thoughts and any new ideas that maybe offered

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

SCRAMBLER BEFORE 0.jpg

CIMG2241en.jpg

Scrambler rebuild 002.jpg

Scrambler rebuild 003.jpg

CIMG2244en (2).jpg

57d77331d69ca_SCRAMBLERBEFORE0.jpg.41e628338bf06d0c1af5fc27d0aa2377.jpg

CIMG2241en.jpg.cbdf775d72cc3b0971d84ed596258bce.jpg

57d7733213c9a_Scramblerrebuild002.jpg.7e45af62d6f0c234d9f0cee6406b49b1.jpg

57d7733215fc0_Scramblerrebuild003.jpg.d0f71cb747429aa094c15f7c358a3e4b.jpg

57d77332182e5_CIMG2244en(2).jpg.1bc946adc6739186ddb056640de04a5c.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brian Simmons
      The battery was gone when I bought the 90 .There are 7 wires 3 red 1 white ,1 black , 1 green and 1blue  . 1 red and 1 white are connected with connector like it`s suppose to go to the battery . I think it`s called an eye connector it`s round and has a hole in the center . So it can be bolted to the battery  and the same with the black wire  the one  black 1 has a connector on it that looks like it goes to the battery . that leaves me with 2 red wires , 1 green wire and 1 blue wire !!! Can anyone help me with a diagram of how the wiring goes to the battery on my 2002 Polaris Scrambler 90 ??? Please help me with this my e-mail address is [email protected] Pl
      Please help me with this . Thank you , Brian
    • By Derrick Lenz
      So I bought a brand new carb that was set and everything. Put it all together and it runs and idles good. The downside is the bottom of the bowl is leaking fuel not a small leak either. I bought one previous and it was a cheap one and it leaked as well so I figured I'd spend the money and by an OEM one and it still leaks. Should I send it into the mechanic and have them adjust the float? I mean for a new carb I was kinda disappointed. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
    • By Aaron Ruiz
      Hey I'm new to the Forum but I just wanted to talk about my Scrambler I just picked up and when I first picked it up I thought it was okay but after I got home and everything I noticed it's very hard to shift into drive neutral reverse it is possible to shift into those gears but it's very stiff like and it takes a lot for it to actually engage to move forward. In Drive when I press on the gas it takes a while for it to actually start moving in the RPMs go up before it starts moving I inspected the belt it looks fine to me I checked the transmission fluid and it was low so I put some. I just hope transmission is not out just curious if you guys have any ideas
    • By Derrick Lenz
      So I noticed there's a part here that doesnt have a hose or anything  going to it and its spills out oil like crazy.  I dont see a hose or anything that would go to it so I was wondering what is actually  suposoe to go there. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• By Derrick Lenz
      So I have a 1999 scrambler 500 4x4 and whenever I give it throttle it starts to big down and when I let it off it dies. Its getting spark and fuel. I replaced the fuel pump. The petcock, the carb, fuel lines, fuel filter. And for electrical I've replaced everything but the rev limiter. I took the srv to get it worked on and the guy set the jets and everything on the carb to where it should be and still no luck. The contacts on the ECM are also not touching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jean de la Chevrotière
      View File Polaris 700 2002 Owner's manual
      Polaris 2002 700 Owner's Safety and maintenance manual
      Submitter Jean de la Chevrotière Submitted 12/01/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Jean de la Chevrotière
      Polaris 2002 700 Owner's Safety and maintenance manual
    • By priglmeier
      I own a 2002 Can-Am Quest 650.
      It will start if you massage the throttle a bit and it will continue to run. BUT if you let go of the throttle and try to let it idle it will always die warm or cold.
      It has Non-Oxy premium gas, a new gapped NGK plug, a new carb (as of today) and fresh fluids. After installing the new carb it runs exactly the same.

I only have a few things that I have observed since the new carb:
      The choke still doesn't do anything. It has a good cable and it is hooked up. It on fully off. There is a cable in the top, front of the engine that splits into two connectors. The connected side is in the photo. The other side has the yellow banded section and is not connected. I do not see anything in range of this connector so I don't know if this is normal or not??? The original carb wasn't really dirty or clogged. I'll use it as a spare. I don't see this cable and connectors listed in the Can-Am shop manual. Looking for some help. I want to ride!

• By Billie
      :confused:need a repair manual or help in what to look for thank you Bill
      for you muddober to make clear to you the neutral light and the gear light
      do not light up win shifting fuses are good Iuse my CAt for hunting im dissable the atv is my leag s thank you