Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1994 Yamaha TimberWolf 250 Help

FCMEDIC

Okay guys I've had this 250 sitting in my shop for a little over two years and finaly found the parts to fix it. I got it running took it off of the table and sat it on the ground. Fired it right back up and it ran perfect. Well wouldn't go in reverse so I got off and pushed it backwards, well she died. Now i'm not getting any spark to the plug???? The guy that had it before me ran a new on off switch and a start button, I don't think that is the problem though. Any ideas????

Thanks Mike but my problems got deeper when I started to do some test. First thing I did was test the switch the other guy put on, every thing was fine. Well I checked the wires going from the stator to the CDI box were good, Well the wires leaving the CDI box goin to the coil arent getting any juice. Bought a CDI box on ebay for 32.00 got my fingers crossed that it'll work.

Okay so I figured out that my problem was my CDI box, well I ordered one off a guy on ebay. Should be here any day. Question is what would have made the other one just go out like that? I don't wanna plug this one up, fire her up and have the same thing happen. What are some things that I should check for before I plug this new CDI up?

Merged your threads together, no need to start a new thread, it is basically the same subject, so just keep adding to the same one. This will make it easier for anyone trying to help you keep track of what your problem is and cut down on clutter in the forums.

That being said, you could do some direct resistance tests on the other ignition components to see if they test good before you swap the new CDI in. You may have to get the machine running to test the regulator/rectifier though, I am not sure if there is a cold test for that, could be wrong though. A repair manual will have specs for the ignition test procedures, if you don't have one, you may be able to get that info from a dealer.

she be a 94 Timberwolf 2wd. Got the new CDI box today and put it on after checking to make sure I had no dead grounds. Hooked the CDI up, put the plastic back on and still no fire. From the motor to the CDI i have fire, but going out of the CDI still no fire. Maybe a the netural position switch. When I put the tester on it in netural it showed hot, when I changed it into gear it showed hot??? I'm gettin pretty :aargh:

Take the plug out, ground it against the motor and crank the machine over, see if there is a spark when you let off of the starter. That could indicate a problem with the pickup coil.

Have you tested the other components, like the coil? You might also try checking the coil wire and plug boot. Unscrew the boot and make sure it makes a good connection with the coil wire, trim the insulation back a little if necessary.