Quantcast

King quad 2006 700 FI starting issue

marg0rd

Good aftrenoon

Looking for assistance or hint in how to resolve the issue I started to encounter a few months back

I do have issue when starting cold (and I do not mean because it is minus 1). Recently once the Quad has not ran for 24 hours, it is always hard to start. Lately ÙI started to remove the air filter and sprayed a thin mist of gas at which point the engine starts with no hiccups. Thru start and stop for the reminder of the day, no problem at all

the dealer tells me that it is probably an issue with the engine and that should have valves rechrome. Compression tests are within standard, no problem at all with the battery, the is no evidence of oil comsumtion (either thru leak or burning). I purchased new and have been very rigorous on maintenance .

Any hint as to what else I can check at this time:confused:

Many regards

from quebec, Canada

Valves rechrome??? I think you have a classic case of a dealer trying to feed you a big spoonful of B.S. Valve adjustment maybe. I do know that your battery can be a problem when starting fuel injected ATVs. If it isn't fully charged, it won't start because there isn't enough power to run the FI. If you manually add fuel, this would get the motor started and once running the alternator will produce enough power to run the ATV. I think that your problem is that once it has sat for a day, the battery loses enough of a charge to make starting difficult. I would try putting the battery on a trickle charger overnight and see of you still have the problem. If this helps, but the battery won't hold a charge on its own, then you may just need a new battery.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.