Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Security Alarm

tds7

Dream Car Giveaway

I noticed that most ATVs are stolen already loaded on/in the trailer. The trailer and ATVS are stolen together. The best security is to make sure the trailer is secured to your tow vechile. This includes the tongue, ball, and reciever.

A cool security measure I read about was someone using a old cellphone with GPS hidden on the ATV and wired into the battery. If the ATV was stolen then the owner would call the phone in stolen and locate it via the GPS. Some Phone plans let you add an additional line for $10 or less. I think some newer phones even let you see your phones location on GPS for like tracking your kids location.

I noticed that most ATVs are stolen already loaded on/in the trailer. The trailer and ATVS are stolen together. The best security is to make sure the trailer is secured to your tow vechile. This includes the tongue, ball, and reciever.

A cool security measure I read about was someone using a old cellphone with GPS hidden on the ATV and wired into the battery. If the ATV was stolen then the owner would call the phone in stolen and locate it via the GPS. Some Phone plans let you add an additional line for $10 or less. I think some newer phones even let you see your phones location on GPS for like tracking your kids location.

Thanks for the reply

Good Idea, but will the GPS feature work if the phone is off, I've heard it will but I don't know. I'm really concerned at home security, my ATV never been on a trailer or hauled, and my nearest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away.

In the case I was speaking of the phone was left on with the ringer on silent and a battery charger hard wired into the quads battery.

Another easy thing is to pull the spark plug wire when not riding. If you live a 1/4 mile alway from the nearest neighbor then thats alot of pushing if they can't get the quad started.

That's a heck of a good idea, not only will you get your quad back, you'll catch the thief and no doubt other stolen items at his hiding spot.

wow thats really clever....i like that

Swampcat07 and BioWare', Thank You

Both are really good ideas, one of the guys I work with had 2 ATVs stolen off him in years past.

The last one was stolen after the thieves took a truck and ripped the doors along with door framing off his barn.

He said he took a post hole digger and dug a hole about 30'" deep, fastened a length of chain to a screw in mobile home storm anchor and screwed it partially in bottom of hole and filled hole with concrete. Now he just wraps the chain around his frame or axle and locks it up, nobody has stolen another one since.

And I think if you would put a piece of 4"pipe of the right length with a hole cut in it to access the lock on the chain it would take some time to get to chain or lock loose to steal it.

I bought a Bulldog Alarm that detects shock or current drain, have not installed it yet. I think I'm going to go with the buried anchor chain and alarm, and as soon as I can get one of those pay as you go phones and attach to ATV, great idea, the cheapest theft GPS plan I found was around $250 a year.

• 9 months later...

i have the steel loops in the garage floor and also have an alarm system on the garage ... but i also have a nice little sneaky trick called a baby monitor that will alert me to any noise in the garage ... then its hot lead flying and bad guys dieing ... plus i keep my truck and van parked against the roll up garage door ....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By quadcrazy
      Out on the trail, visibility is everything. When you’re riding, you need to be able to see every potential obstacle well in advance, and sometimes, that includes things behind or beside your vehicle. On your own private property, sideview and rearview mirrors are a clear value-add, helping you avoid some of the entirely preventable accidents that can pop up when you’re driving in Reverse. On public trails, those mirrors are an absolute necessity, drastically helping mitigate the risk of vehicle-to-vehicle collisions and prevent bodily injuries.

That’s why Kemimoto, a market leader in the design and manufacture of ATV and UTV accessories, has devoted so much focus to UTV mirrors over the past decade, in addition to accessories like saddlebags, seat bags, whip lights, and more. When the company was founded back in 2011, there weren’t any readily available, affordable off-road mirrors for Side-by-Sides on the market that were much good for anything other than showing riders the rears of their own vehicles. So, the company’s founders took up the challenge, setting out to create their own side mirrors to provide fellow ORV enthusiasts with a better view of their blind spots.

Mirrors have been Kemimoto’s hottest-selling products ever since.

Today, Kemimoto has a staggeringly impressive collection of sideview and rearview mirrors for UTVs, ATVs, and bikes on offer, with nearly a hundred unique mirror packages on sale through the official Kemimoto website. Kemimoto makes mirrors to suit any need and any budget. Many of them are best-sellers in their respective categories, and for very good reason: as a direct-to-consumer brand, products are marketed, sold, and delivered to customers directly by Kemimoto. That extra efficiency allows the company to price its ATV and UTV accessories more effectively, and sell high-quality mirrors and other products while keeping prices extremely affordable.
      Equally important, Kemimoto’s ORV mirrors are just plain good. Design, development, and engineering all take place in-house, and the company even holds a few patents for some of its innovations. They have their own laboratory for product testing, to ensure that every mirror that wears the Kemimoto name is tough enough to go the distance. The mirrors are designed for beginners and professionals alike, with ridiculously simple install procedures that typically require a hand tool or two and just a few minutes of your time to set up. They are made to suit the overall aesthetics and performance requirements of the vehicles they are designed for.

As an example, let’s take a look at a pair of Kemimoto’s lighted side mirrors designed for Sport Side-by-Sides. As the name implies, Kemimoto has built two levels of lighting into each of the side mirrors. You can fire up one or both of the lights in each mirror. And with an angle of illumination of 195 degrees, you can see exactly where you are going.
      Additionally, these mirrors boast shatterproof tempered glass, which helps protect the driver and passengers in case of an impact. They also feature a breakaway design, so they will fold up if you get a little too close to a tree or any other obstacle rather than snap right off. When it comes to construction, Kemimoto made the shell out of a high-quality ABS, while and the frame and bracket are built out of aluminum.
      Of course, Kemimoto is more than just mirrors. The brand also produces and sells its own saddlebags for motorcycles, seat bags for ATVs, backpacks, roll cage cargo organizers, and other storage accessories. They also manufacture high-quality whip lights and mounts, UTV cupholders, dome lights, windshields, vehicle covers, and even some riding gear. But high-quality, fairly priced ORV mirrors will always be the company’s specialty.

View full post
    • By jamison1969
      I have a 97" polaris sportsman 500 and the 4 wheel drive wont work, it just didnt work one day. I dont know when or why it went out. It has a 4 wheel drive button on the handle bars and it is on and i have turned it on and off but no go............ any thoughts or ideas, please help. I need it for sat. i will never get out on this small lake for ice fishing with out my wheeler, thanks in advance jamie.
    • By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By LesterL
      Been a member of other forums, but since I recently purchased a used quad figured I would join up.
      Live south of Kansas City, MO...
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By Frank Angerano
      This is a good question asked by @Johnny Chancellor. I put it in a new topic so it does not get lost.  We all know we need a cdi box but I bet a lot of the members here don’t know how it works. This is a good explanation of a cdi box including what it does, how it works and what “cdi” stands for. 
      Ive posted two links here. Feel free to add to the list! 
      https://www.elprocus.com/capacitor-discharge-ignition-cdi-system-working/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_discharge_ignition

• Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images