Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Polaris Predator 500-558 big bore conversion NEED HELP!

Ok, i have a 2007 polaris predator 500 and it needs an engine upgrade. i already have a trinity stage 4 exbaust, 15 tooth sprocket and shaved fenders. its not enough juice, so im looking into the 558 bbk. the kit will come with a 12:5 compression piston, sleeves, pins and the whole 9 yards. ive looked up you need to run a carb from a trx450r, is this true? and does the carb have to be year specific? how much would it cost for everything to be installed? and can you run 93 octane pump with this big bore?

The labor to install that kit will probably cost more than the kit itself. Call a shop and ask them to give you a quote. You can run pump gas on a 12.5 : 1 piston, but it might not be a bad idea to mix a little race gas in there to keep temps down and avoid any pre-detonation. I know nothing about what kind of carb you should run, if the carb from a TRX 450R is a couple millimeters bigger than your stock carb and it fits, that might be your ticket. You may want to get ahold of a place that builds Polaris race motors and ask them for some info.