Guest bmxatv

Tire Pressure

Guest bmxatv

My Honda manual says to run 4.5 psi front and rear. That seemed kinda low so I took it down to about 6 psi and was afraid to take it any lower. At 6 psi they looked like they could fall off the rim. Is 4.5 psi correct for general off road riding and if so should I adjust as soon as possible? Right now I'm running 10 psi front and back? Is that too much? Thanks.:biggrin:

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Yeah I believe that's a bit too much. Usually 3-4 psi on the trails...u don't want to puncture a tire. I would stick with the manufacturer suggested 4.5

Guest Fox300exchic

I know from experience about putting more air then they say. I ran 10 as well and I got sooo many punctures and I couldnt figure out why. Finally I did. :D

With my outlaw 29.5 im only running about 4psi all around. Rides alot smoother, and handles the mud and water alot better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ryan93
      my atv and the internet are telling me two different tire sizes that are way off and need help figuring it out..PLEASE HELPP
    • By auburnfan327
      I have a 2007 Honda Recon ES and need some new tires. The stock tire sizes are 22x10-9 and 22x7-11. I'm looking at some Carlisle AT489 tires but the closest sizes i can find are 22x10-10 and 22x7-12. Will they fit? Thanks.
    • By rockwell16
      great tire brands Green ball ,ITP, Maxxis and bighorn
      (GREAT NEWS ON A 2X4 YOU CAN MIX TIRE ON THE FRONT AND BACK LET ME EXPLAIN THAT MORE BACK TIRES LETS SAY YOU GO WITH THE GREEN BALL SPARTACUS TIRES ON THE BACK YOU CAN GO WITH THE MAXXIS X PATTERN FRONT TIRES CANT DO THAT ON A 4X4
    • By WhiteMooseHunter
      I have a quad (Can-Am) that takes 25 inch tires, just got a set of rims with tires that are 26's, not a whole bunch taller, don't see any problems using them? My main question, just in case I want to swap the tires in the rims, is on the rear tires.
      My original tires are 25/11/12 the replacement rims, the tires are 26/10/12. If the rims have the 26/10's now, will it work with the 25/11 tires? They appear to be the same width, are they? How can I tell what will work on the rim.
      Inside the rim, it is stamped 12/7.5 ET:+51
    • By labs3557
      I bought some stock wheels and tire that came off a Honda Foreman i believe. My problem is the rear rubbs my exhaust.
      Should I just put in a spacer and move the whole thing out an inch or two? Or should I buy 2 new wheels that have the correct backing?
      I have a 96 Fourtrax 300. the wheels that were on it are 9X9.0AT the new ones are 11X7.5AT.