sunpup

Polaris700 (2004) Sportsman Electrically Dead

Everything suddenly shut down on the trail--no ignition, lights, nothing. It wasn't the battery; we hot wired it to get it home.

Is there a circuit breaker or fused link somewhere on the vehicle--I don't see it.

If the vehicle shut down like this, can I assume that I have a serious short somewhere?

No dealer to ask--and Polaris is the worst company to try to get any help or answers out of--they simply refuse to communicate by phone or email.

Thanks!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I think you have a break somewhere or open (short). You have to try to get your hands on a wiring diagram from the dealer or buy a manual to troubleshoot it. Start witht the main power to the fuses and relays. You also may have a faulty main relay....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!
    • By warkcol
      I am having an issue where it sounds like the gears are slipping if I hit the throttle really hard and also after letting off when the engine brake is applied. Also, the drive train that goes to the front also rides again the gear shift box. I will attach pictures and a video here shortly.
      Thanks in advance!
      [ame]
      [/ame]https://postimg.org/image/cdlu6fza9/
    • By petersty07
      Thanks Trent at Trent Signs and Graphics for the awesome wrap!.
      [ame]
      [/ame]