Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

which atv to buy

ok how about honda rancher? foreman? My uncle has a rancher and I rode on it, I like the way it ride smooth on rough ground than my old honda 300

the honda rancher is an awsome 4x4 my friend has one and its a hoss..... and as mario thought no they dont have a belt tranny.... atleast my friends doesnt:no:

You said the belt tranny is a stupid idea, yet you don't know what it is, neither do I. I'm assuming Mario was talking about a CVT when he said belt transmission. A CVT has a primary and secondary clutch. The primary spins all the time, and with greater force (higher RPMs) it squeezes together and catches on the clutch belt and spins the secondary.

You said the belt tranny is a stupid idea, yet you don't know what it is, neither do I. I'm assuming Mario was talking about a CVT when he said belt transmission. A CVT has a primary and secondary clutch. The primary spins all the time, and with greater force (higher RPMs) it squeezes together and catches on the clutch belt and spins the secondary.

LOL if you knew so much about it then why did you ask what it was ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By prdicon
      South Florida.

How much it worth?

Pros: looking decent.

Cons
      No brakes.
      Front wheel bearings are shot.
      Idles, but sometimes will shot off. Most likely when cold.
      Gas smell and little bit steam in the air filter box when I started it.
      Display screen won't work.
      Tires are dry with cracks.

Not sure if has title, I will check and update.

How much do you think it worth?
    • By cervenakrava
      Hi,
      New to ATV repair but willing to learn and get my hands dirty.
      We start the atv and even with a good battery, it will drain it very quickly and eventually the atv shuts down. Checking the battery afterwards shows significant drain on it.
      Would this be a shot alternator? Some electronics module?
      Thank you kindly.  Just need to be pointed in the right direction and then with a repair manual will get to it.
      Cheers
    • By p5200
      2000 honda trx300ex. It's been sounding like it's been cranking too fast and not hitting at all. I took the 2 valve adjustment caps off and while cranking, the valves don't move at all. Getting good spark and fuel. Surely, there should be movement with the valves opening and closing. Am I correct on this assumption? Thanks folks!
    • By Yamess350
      so I bought this raptor from my bubby because it sat in his garage for a year or suck long story short the guy who lost worked on it didn't know what he was doing can just did some of the worst work I've ever laid my eyes on but I recently had the thing running and delt with a lot of problems getting the damn thing to spark need new stator/ cdi and wiring harness and I had finally got the thing to run and drive had a blast omg I love this thing but sometimes I pray it would just stop giving me problems I've road the quad 2-3 time and found there was a huge leak and I took the head off its new btw its black and shiny but the last guy who worked on it did a horrible job and lost parts any ways I fix his mistake and bought oem parts and gaskets but when I when to put the piston back in I could not find a good thread on the orientation on all the rings on the piston and it is a bit confusing how people describe each ring I need a layman's terms like talk to me like I'm slow lol but don't be rude and I need help 1 in the orientation on all the rings and also my engine stopped sucking threw the carb can it be the valve is not seated on intake/exhaust should I reopen the head and redo the rings on the piston or can it be the valve spring gap idk I need help all I know right know is I need a break from the bike and collect information for now can I get some help without people pointing me in all kinds of direction 
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content