Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bigredneck01

1991 Suzuki King Quad 300 - Wont start???????

Ok so i have ben workin on this fourwheer for months had it running great at one time i rode it one mornin it did great i went inside for an hour came back out to go ridin again and didnt crank

It will spin and wont crank there is no gas getting to motor i have rebuilt cleaned soaked my carb in gas even tried different carb gets plenty of gas to float float works properly and has good spark and battery is good

I poured gas dirctly to engine got it to crank but now wont crank no matter what

Suzuki king quad 300 4x4 1991

Ok thanks and theres is also a vaccum operated fuel pump on this it dosnt work but i have bypasses it with another gas tank higher than carb but will it still not start with the other ones not being pluged up corectly?

Ok got it goin very good but now the gears wont shift rite it acts like it will shift like the nutral light goes of wen i shift it up but it doesnt shift??

Check the oil level, if you where running it super rich you may have dilluted the oil with gasoline while trying to get it to run. I've seen that happen, especially on an older bike when the ring clearance has opened up a bit.

Ok man i will rember that for future refrence i got it goin the 4x4 gear was stuck preciate the help and also lacks some power im asuming its the jet pin in carb but could it still be valves?

And can any of yall help me find a fuel pump for this i am haveing a hard time finding one 91 suzuki king quad 300 air generated fuel pump as of rite now i Am bypassing it and my gas tank with a go cart gas tank

Ok got it goin great went for a joy ride with daddy and it did great got hot a couple times but i still need to adjust valves rite but now wen i start it the plug were plugs up to the spark plug device is smoking wont start its strange its like something got shorted put i duno what please help???

Ok it did great wen i went for a ride for about an hour and half but wen i got back turned it off and it wont start its electrical smoking were the cable plugs up to the spark plug thing all cables are hooked up corctley please help???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Zad
      1994 Polaris 300 2x4 project won’t start. Seems like we have spark and have tried straight starting fluid in cylinder and still not getting a fire.   Kind of has me stymied 
    • By Brent Mason
      1998 Grizzly600 ! Slowly died then wouldn’t start ! All coils check good ohms ! Checked ac voltage from source coil get OL ! Is the source coil bad ? 
    • By Christopher Williams
      Hello all, 
      i just rebuilt the top end of a 99 Bear Tracker 250 and it can’t get it to hit off of gasoline or starter fluid. Occasionally it will backfire. Right now I’m just trying to get it to fire off without the carburetor like I’ve done a thousand times before with other engines. Usually there is no response, but occasionally I get a backfire through the intake. ISeems like it’s out of time, but I don’t see how that could be possible. 
      Here’s what I know:
      1. compression 120psi
      2. all timing marks are lined up after numerous revolutions. 
      3. Strong spark. 
      4. Valves adjusted correctly. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By Michael Taralli
      My 2006 Prairre will only start with a shot of starting fluid. Any ideas or suggestions of what might be the problem?? Thanks.