Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

raptor1660

2001 Yamaha 660 Raptor - HELP PLEASE!!

Hello there i have an 01 raptor 660 and have had a lot of problems..Right now i have replaced my stator, my cdi box, my kill switch and so on.... I am trying to figure out when i try to start it, it will backfire loud as hell like a gun shot, it is pissing my neighbors off lol... I choke it it will pop (not loud though) turn the choke off and start to crank and some of the times it will just blast out the pipe it is a pain and sometimes it will start up great end of story... I have no problems when riding with it back firing or anything...just when i first start it if i ride more than a block or two its good to sit and wont backfire when starting if i go into the store or something....It has a jet kit that the previous owner put on it could that be it..Im debating on rebuilding and cleaning the carbs...Just someone get back to me need this fixed thank you for taking your time to reade!!!

try spraying carb clean in the carb while it's running good and dump the gas if old and replace with some gas/carb cleaner additive. a new plug would be good too ...

i have put a new plug in it and the gas is only a few days old i fill it up quite often and never let it sit..The backfiring is not a problem when riding just when cracnking over it is loud!!

ok thank you i am wondering now should i buy stock jets and put back in it...i plan to get a pipe before the ice comes...when i put a pipe on it should i put this jet kit back in it?? Or should i just put stock in it with an aftermarket pipe..do i need a aftermarket jet kit with a aftermarket pipe

No... Don't run aftermarket jetting with stock parts unless it's lean. Jet accordingly and also get a good FULL exhaust system, such a Sparks, Monster, or Barker. Makes sense to me- stock pipe = stock jetting... Aftermarket exhaust = aftermarket jetting...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Bayou 220 won't start -- neutral light in every gear

The story goes, my daughter "did something" to the ATV and now it won't start. I suppose these things aren't kid proof. All I know is that the Neutral light stays lit no matter what gear, and subsequently the starter won't turn. I briefly Googled but only came across symptoms of the Neutral light never lighting up. I have downloaded the service manual from this site (thank you) but don't quite know where to attack it first. Thanks for reading.

By deckeda, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 3 replies
    • 2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 won't start

Hi guys, trying to get a quad running again. It was running fine but the electric start did not work. My uncle was using it and the pull start snapped. So I replaced the pull start and electric starter motor. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I have spark, I have fuel to the carb, I know this is a 2 stroke with a separate oil tank, what else should i check?

By TheJester517, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 8 replies
    • Kazuma Falcon 150 First Successful Start

Kazuma Falcon 150 First successful start after several years of employment. She was relieved to find that nothing was connected, everything was cut off, incomplete. No pipes or pipes, parts are missing $ 175!There was hardly a screw, the fasteners had plastic fasteners!  Kazuma Falcon 150.mp4

By Knave, in Kazuma ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Kazuma 250 won't start

I have a kazuma 250 utility atv, I believe it's a gator and this thing will not start for anything. I've got good spark and it will turn over but will not fire up. I can't find any kind of manual with useful info on this thing. Can any1 tell me what the stock car. Settings r on it so I can make sure they r rite.... I don't think tat s my problem but the more I can rule out the closer I can get 2 a solution. Thanks! 

By Bobbi-Marie Giordano, in Kazuma ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • Neutral safety switch

I’m looking for any member that may be familiar with the neutral safety switch on this bike.    I picked up a bayou 220 that I found sitting in a shed. Nice looking bike the guy said it would not start one day and put it away and never touched it again.   So it turns out the neutral safety switch is bad.  I jumped it out and the bike fired up and runs good.   I’m more then capable of the work in changing it but this thing is buried pretty good. I’m curious if anyone has done the switch replacement before?  I attached some pics to see. picture 1 is the side view you can see the green and red wires going into the cover.  Pic 2 shows looking down on the drive shaft coming out of that cover.  That is not a simple cover you just pull off.  Im wondering how deep and how much shit has to come off like the drive shaft etc for this switch  to be replaced.  So if any of the QC members have done this switch I’m looking for any input with regard to changing it.   Thanks. 

By Frank Angerano, in General ATV Discussion

• 14 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Matt Dyche
      Can anyone give me guidance on my issue. I have a 02 Grizzly 660 and replaced the wet clutch, primary shaft, one way bearing.  Today I was riding since I tested and was driving about 20-25 mph and all of a sudden the tires locked up, heard a screeching sound, and engine died.  Didn’t have a clue what was going on, decided to try and restart, engine turned over normal but engine hesitated slightly, started and had to assist with the throttle.  It seemed to do this for a minute then seemed to straighten out.  Got home, pull clutch cover and test drove to witness clutch operation and everything looks and sounds perfect.  Could not duplicate.  Please help. 
    • By kris660
      I have a 2002 grizzly 660. I just bought it last week. It had sat for about a year. I knew going in that I was going to have to spend some time in the carb.
      I took the carb apart and sprayed it with carb cleaner and blew it out with compressed air. I cleaned out the fuel tank, replaced the fuel line and new fuel filter. Filled with fresh fuel.
      Started it up and set the idle. I rode it for about 3 hours yesterday. Then it developed a miss. At idle it would go put put put miss put put put miss. If I didnt not add some choke then it would die. The miss wouldnt go away it would just idle it up fast enough for it not to die. It progressivly got worse. It also would have that same miss at slow speeds steady throttle. If you give it lots of throttle it runs great and the miss seems to go away. When it misses like that the exhaust makes a whistle sound also.
      Today I pulled the spark plug and replaced with a new one. It did not help. old plug looked good, but it was two heat ranges to hot from stock. Not for sure why that was in there.
      My first thoughts would be the pilot jet maybe. Pulled it out and its clean.
      Is it possible that some trash got in there with all new lines,filter,fuel and a clean tank.
      Thanks in advance guys, kinda stumped.
    • By Gunny
      I have a set of Grizzly 660 plastics (front & rear fenders & gas tank cover) that's taking up space.
      They are green in color & right now, they are covered in Camo Clad 3M camo material. It might not look the best up close, but it does protect the plastics.
      If anyone is interested in them, PM me ... I'll let'em go cheap but be advised, shipping can be costly ($125 give or take)(I paid $125 for a set I bought from a guy a long time ago) ... can photo's if you want to your personal e-mail, but ONLY if you're really interested, since they are kinda difficult to get to right now.
      THANKS
    • By google7
      Hey Guys
      I've got an 05 Grizzly 660 it's got a jet kit and k&n air filter installed it also had a hmf exhaust but i took it out cause it was just to loud it runs great untill it's under heavy load
      when it's under heavy load it sputters like the limiter kicks in
      if I hammer on all the brakes and then push on the throttle till it's full out then it starts to sputter going up hill and in mud
      it does it in HI and in LOW gear
      what could be the issue
      thanks in advance for your help