Quantcast

For the ATVing Community - Ownafide

kendallc81

My name is Kendall and I have something that's fairly sensitive to discuss, but if you read my entire post you will see that I, being a frequent forum user myself, fully understand forum etiquette and am fully respecting it.*

I own a tech company which I will not identify here, and so that my intentions are clear, my company's identity can only be seen by the moderators and owner who can see it by the extension on my email address to verify that my statements are legitimate. The benefit of the few users I could try to siphon with this single thread is very minimal to my company. Our intention is to create a long term relationship that we believe will be mutually beneficial for both this forum's owner, the community and ourselves. The only way our platform will be revealed is if the forum owner decides to allow the arrangement.

Now with that said, my company is a completely new kind of social platform that, while not replacing the hobby forum, does dramatically innovate certain aspects of it and therefore appeals to the same audience. Forums are for groups to speak together as a whole. Our platform is for people to create more engaging one-on-one relationships based upon similar activities, passions and interests. Unlike any other company making innovations in social networking, our platform was conceived one-hundred percent with diehard hobbyist in mind and will change the way hobbyists interact online. At the bottom of this post is a link to an anonymous Flickr image of our landing page, with blocked out names, to help explain our platform and so that you can see that this is something new and highly unique.

Over the next year my company will be visiting various conferences and expos for ATVing as well as other hobbies. We will also be advertising on many forums such as this one. The only problem is, our platform is designed for all hobbies, and we currently can only focus our budget towards*the most receptive hobby*communities. So it first needs to be established if the ATV community is one of those communities. If it is, we intend to advertise on this site and if that is all we end up doing, that is fine.*My strongest reason for approaching this forum, though, involves the forum owner and a potential partnership beyond a simple sponsorship of which we are confident will be well received. So if the forum owner will contact me we can discuss the matter further.

Eventually, one way or the other, many people in the ATV community will discover our company. But in the social space, the tone is often set by the earliest adopters, and we know that the forum community is the most upstanding and most knowledgeable kind of user to set the best tone within our own ATV community.*

I hope that this isn't seen as a typical attempt to spam and won't be automatically dismissed as something that should be kicked. I'm requesting that decision to be left to the forum owner after they have heard what we are proposing.*We want to be completely above board in our actions here, and once everything is revealed you will see that we are not a typical company in how radically and controversially pro-user and pro-fairness we are in our policies and practices.*

Ask me any questions other than my company's identity and I will answer as transparently as possible.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8315/8007807229_2d61585063_b.jpg

Well yes and no. FB is for the people you know. This is designed as user friendly as FB, but it is for people who you dont know but that you might like to know because you share many things in common with them. Kind of like if Pinterest was Facebook. We will also soon launch achievements which is like a video game style trophy system but for the activities within your favorite hobbies. Your already doing the activities, you would just credit and accolade for them.