Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hillbilly23

1999 Suzuki Quad Runner 500 Not Running

I BOUGH A 1999 QUADRUNNER 500 RODE IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR IT BACK FIRED AND STOP RUNNING THE BATTERY WAS DEAD AND COULDNT PULL START IT EITHER. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH IT?:realmad:

pull the plug and see if you're getting spark, and check the carb and see if you're getting gas. the stator and or pick up coil may be gone if your battery is dead ...

charge the battery and see it it starts if it starts check your voltage regulator take the two screws out that hold the regulator on and see if it has a black spot on the back if it does thats your problem . Raybob

Could be as simple as the battery just fried, will it take a charge?

* Added manufacturer and issue into thread title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By frankmako
      My 2005 Arctic Cat 500 started leaking fuel from the top right hand side of the carb. It looks and feels that the fuel is coming from under the throttle cable housing area just above the primer pump. I have not had time to take carb off. Has anyone had a leak on this side and area of their carb?
    • By Flyman
      Good morning all I am new to the forum and new to the world of ATVs. I recently purchased a 99 big bear 350 4x4 that has a few issues to be resolved. it started with the push button starter it would just click when the button was pushed to date I have replaced the solenoid with a Napa 4 wire setup (not sure if this is installed correctly) and replaced the older baterry with a AGM battery. after all of that it still clicks but the source of the click is a white plastic rectangular box with 2 wires going into it. i have 12.8 volts to the first post of the solenoid and nothing on the second post when the button is pushed. when the solenoid is jumped the starter engages. lastly i have no lights when the buggy is not running and when i hit the light switch there is also a click that happens. Thanks for any info anyone can provide I greatly appreciate the help.
      Flyman
    • By cheatmaster300
      I am working on a 500 that seems to have me stumped. The quad will start but will only run if I keep pumping the throttle. It smells like it is getting way to much fuel and the plug is always wet when I take it out. I took the carb apart and cleaned it really good twice. Still the same problem. So I swapped the carb with another working quad. That quad runs fine with the carb but the problem quad still runs the same. I swapped the coil this did not solve the problem either. I also checked the timing with a timing light and it seems to be good. I am not sure what I am missing. Any ideas?