Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1998 500 Polaris Sportsman help

oldcomet

Hello My friends

OK here go's so I have a 1998 500 4x4 Polaris Sportsman Could someone please tell me what oils I need for my bike I have Polaris premium 4 synthetic 10 W-40 for the motor I got that no problem Drained and changed after the fuel shut off leaked back and filled the motor with gas and oil It wasn't the needle valve and seat But I put a new carb kit in just in case after I changed the fuel shut off valve. Issues gone and runs great

This is where I'm confused the front hubs when I checked them where almost dry so I have Polaris on demand drive hub fluid its very thin and blue in colour part # 2871654 Is this the right fluid for my year of bike 1998

This is where I'm getting confused again on the quick reference chart it tells me I need transmission oil Polaris synthetic gear case oil part # 2871478 I need this oil and where do I drain it and put it in the bike Is it at the rear of the bike in the middle of the rear end ?There is a small aluminum dip stick I can see and it is a little bit low on the stick I may just add some rather than change it because the oil looks clean on the stick

Then quick reference chart it tells me I need front gear case oil Polaris front gear case oil part # 2871653 or API GL5 80-90 GEAR LUBE WHERE DOES THIS GO IN MY BIKE ??? I think I found it under the front wheels in the middle of the bike Its a small housing where the front drive hubs hook up Not sure if I use the same oil in front gear case as the front hubs the newer model bikes use the same oil in the front gear case as the outside front wheel hubs I think

Could someone please give me a hand I'm just a little confused

Thanks so much Old Comet

Edited by oldcomet