Well the trade I made my daughters eton 90 for the Honda xr100 has bitten me in the Bum pretty good. I worked today welding a crack in the exhuast & wed. I adjusted the valves the bike seem to be running good I put the pipe back on less than an hour ago and took it for a test ride and ended up pushing it home. Now I need a timing chain and I'm pretty sure rings should be on the list. Now I am pondering if it's worth the money to fix.:aargh: I shoud have put the Eton up for sell to see what I could have got for.

Edited by hangingon

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

now comeon, you know how long I've been at the kx have...depends on how much you got it for,,,,,I did a ton to the kx, but only paid 150.00 for it and it'll sell for 750.00 easily...makes a nice little backyard pit bike too...LOL:wink:

I traded Jenns Eton 90 that she was to big for NADA was around 400.00 so if I use that as price paid and not what I gave for the quad which was 800.00 2yrs. ago. I may in the end have close to 1,000 in the bike and thats around the NADA on it. Now If my daughter likes it and rides it once the bike is done it might be worth the money I will be putting into it a little at a time but for reselling I might go in the hole. That would include a new set of rings but I don't know what it will cost to get the cylinder redone for stock size rings or bore it and go with a new piston & rings. A BBR big bore kit is 300.00 so that would put me over budget. I had priced what it needed and was at 3 to 350.00 before the timing chain.

Edited by hangingon