Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gpearston

Chains for 28x12x12 Outlaws

I need chains for my MudPro 700. It has the Outlaw 28x12x12's on it. I live in Alaska and the local dealers are telling me they don't make chains that big. It gets icy so I need chains. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Glenn

How about studs on a old set of tires. The outlaws are not the best for ice because they do not have alot of contact with the ground.

For snow try switching sides with the tires so the direction arrow faces backwards. Alot of guys run like this and seem to float on the snow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2008 Polaris Outlaw 90 CC electrical system question

I recently bought a 2008 Polaris 90cc outlaw for my daughter it only needed a few things like a carburetor and a transmission shaft which I fixed with ease. The headlights on this vehicle are dim so I bought a aftermarket set of headlights also a  small winch does anyone know if the stator puts out enough voltage to run these extra accessories do they sell a stator that puts out higher amps? I would appreciate any help that you guys should give me

By Tony Amato, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Hi from Alaska

Good Morning All, new to this forum. My son and I just got 3 project wheellers. 2 1984 Honda TRX 200's and a Kawasaki 300 guessing mid to late 80's have not found the year on it yet the guy just wanted it out of his yard. Now about the 2 Honda's supposedly  one has a bad head gasket pretty well in tack and the other is a electrical problem but the plastic is pretty shout as to be expected. The Kawasaki's transmission is stuck in gear the plastic is in pretty good shape. I have always owned polaris's not new to turning wrenches more something so the boy can learn and take ownership. Is there any places that are gold mines for good parts?  Thank Y'all

By Polaris Ranger, in New Members Area!

• 5 replies
    • Honda Recon Rear Tire Suggestions

I bought a 2003 Recon recently & saw that there was dry rot on th front tires.  After a couple of days research I decided on Kenda Bear Claws for the front.  Chaparral had a fair price and I ordered 2, still to be delivered.  Thank you UPS for dragging your feet😣.  I prefer to stick with stock tire sizing and I'm having a difficult time finding rear tires to "match" the Bear Claws up front.  I've looked at Kenda, Maxxis, ITP, Carlisle and others but no brand makes them sized to my liking without buying rims too.  The Maxxis Sur Traks look good but they're an inch wider than stock & 2 plies for th price of a 6 ply.  I want 4-6 ply tires.  HELP me PLeaSE 🤕 my head hurts.  edit: the rears are 22 10 9

By George Henry, in Honda ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Jims Creek - Anchorage Alaska

Its been a few years since I have been up there, but Jims Creek outside of Anchorage Alaska is one of the best riding locations I have ever been! It had sand, mud, rock climbing, river crossings and ended out at a glacier. Anybody been there lately? I am headed back to Alaska and plan on riding there again.  

By John Miele, in Where To Ride Your ATV

• 3 replies
    • 2019 Polaris Outlaw 110

atvs A youth ATV for kids 10 and older A general overview of the 2019 Polaris Outlaw 110 ATV with engine, suspension, interior, and cargo basics. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By CouchFisher
      Greetings,
      I have a 2000 Trailboss 325 2x4. In years past I've always put rear chains on it to help with some of the thaw/freeze that happens during snow plowing season. Chains work well when I remain on concrete but a frozen pond is another issue. Last year I decided to plow the adjacent pond for ice skating. Having the plow blade on the ice pretty much prevents me from anything but very wide turns.
      Any tips on plowing a frozen pond? Would chains or studs on the front tires help at all? How much of a noticeable difference? I'm also working on a Zamboni mod so impressions from chains or studs won't impact skating.
      Thanks.
    • By ATV_Macho_Man
      The new Polaris Outlaws are looking pretty hot.
      First Ride: 2009 Polaris Outlaw ATVs - 525 IRS, 525 S, 450 MXR all get upgrades - ATV at Off-Road.com