gpearston

Chains for 28x12x12 Outlaws

I need chains for my MudPro 700. It has the Outlaw 28x12x12's on it. I live in Alaska and the local dealers are telling me they don't make chains that big. It gets icy so I need chains. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Glenn

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

i made my own when i had a plow on my honda. i just used galvinized chain and quick links to keep it all together. it worked awesome :yes:

How about studs on a old set of tires. The outlaws are not the best for ice because they do not have alot of contact with the ground.

For snow try switching sides with the tires so the direction arrow faces backwards. Alot of guys run like this and seem to float on the snow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CouchFisher
      Greetings,
      I have a 2000 Trailboss 325 2x4. In years past I've always put rear chains on it to help with some of the thaw/freeze that happens during snow plowing season. Chains work well when I remain on concrete but a frozen pond is another issue. Last year I decided to plow the adjacent pond for ice skating. Having the plow blade on the ice pretty much prevents me from anything but very wide turns.
      Any tips on plowing a frozen pond? Would chains or studs on the front tires help at all? How much of a noticeable difference? I'm also working on a Zamboni mod so impressions from chains or studs won't impact skating.
      Thanks.
    • By ATV_Macho_Man
      The new Polaris Outlaws are looking pretty hot.
      First Ride: 2009 Polaris Outlaw ATVs - 525 IRS, 525 S, 450 MXR all get upgrades - ATV at Off-Road.com