jeffreyscott

2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 Axle Removal

i was wondering if it would hurt anything except the seals if i heated up the axle that goes into the differential to get it out i took it to two dealers and they could not get it out im really having a tough time with this issue if anybodys got any advice i ll take it and try it ive already tryed evrything possible without cracking the differential case thanks jeff:aargh:

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Take out the opposite axle and then tap it thru from the other side. Also you can soak it in WD40.

A slide hammer also helps.

What kind of bike?? If its a swing arm just beat the crap out of it like Swampcat says. It will move. Make sure you have all the locks removed

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

yes ive tryed all that but thanks for your input the four wheeler is a sportsman 500 any more ides lol ive been at this son of gun for 4 days now couple hours here and there its really get old ive never experienced anything like this:no:

im working on that now its been a day on the other side those suckers are siezed in there i was was thinking about heating the crap out of it and then give it a good wack

Not familiar with the bike but obviously the seals will have to be replaced with heat. Make sure there are no aluminum or brass parts in there before the heating process. Those melt at a much lower temp than steel and will make the carrier/axle a permanent part. If just steel then o for it and get your self a seal kit.

Last ditch effort would be to cut the axle and remove the carrier and then press the remaining out

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

thanks alot for the feed back at this point anything really really help this is my first four wheeler but im no stranger to fixing things i look at it this way if i can fix cars what the heck is a four wheeler thanks a lot for your time :biggrin:

i wanna thank everybody who responed to the questions i got everything out and waiting on the new axles from fed ex the hardest axles ive ever done i took some suggestion and put anti sieze back on before installing thanks everybody for your time