Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gunny

1st Track Ride of the Season

Got the tracks put on the Outty & decided to run up to the mountains today to check out the snow conditions, do some more testing of the Drift GHOST HD Helmet Camera I just got, test out some of the camera mounts I put on my helmet, and a few other things.

The day was overcast, temps were cool at 23 deg F with winds 40 to 50 mph and light snow. It was GREAT !! :woot:

I took some video in 1080p, 960p, WVGA & the majority in 720p. After looking at them when I returned home, to me, the 960 & 720p looked the best.

I added two camera mounts to my helmet. One is on the side of the face shield & the videos with the camera there are pretty good with not much helmet in them.

The other mount is on top of the helmet & you get an “Overall” view. Not sure which location I like better.

Both mounts are stick-on with 3M sticky stuff, they seem to hold real well … however, I was walking thru the trees to take some photo’s, a branch hit the mount glued to the side of the face shield & popped that camera off like it wasn’t even glued. I’m sure the cold temps didn’t help either.

I also took some video with one of my older HD170 cameras. The exposure setting on both the HD170 & the GHOST were set at zero … and you’ll see that the HD170 is much darker. So on overcast days, I’ll have to remember to set that camera at +1.

I must’ve hit the remote too many times at some point today too, because I had 177 photo’s instead of video. Dang it, that means I’m gonna have to re-read the instructions ……….. again …. :aargh:

Here’s a short video of today’s ride, hope you enjoy it …

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Mlhopr9KY]12 Dec 2012 - 1st Track Ride - 2012-2013 Season - YouTube[/ame]

SWEET Gunny !!! I see U got more snow !

THANKS Quad Guy !! :notworthy: ..... and we got a little ... sure wish we get a heck of a lot more thou !! :toetap05c:

THANKS for watch'in too !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By astrodogg71
      well, i got a 06 350 raptor se and was riding one night and it just shut off so what im asking is can any one tell me how to test the cdi,rectifier,or any other componet test it has no spark and what i did check was power from cdi to coil and none any test would help it is that the bike is 3 years old and solid state parts should last alot longer but everyone knows that it happens any help would be great and yes the fuses are good thanks in advance for your help
    • By Robert Dabe
      Thanks to our first responders, and the marvelous tools they have today
      I'm an experienced ATC rider, but the last time riding one was 1996.
      A couple of weeks ago I really got the bug to go riding again. I ended up buying a 2000 Honda TRX400EX in decent shape, and took it up to the Interlake State Recreation Area, near Linville, In, yesterday. The park sets on an area where coal had been mined. there are a lot of rocks there. It was a cool day so I made sure wear thermal underwear. I rode mostly easy trails until I felt more confident. The trails were pretty wet, but still manageable, until I went down one hill too many. I wasn't unable to climb up the other side. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure a way out. In the end I pulled the key, and started walking, back to the parking lot. The more I walked, the darker it got. It turned out I was on the wrong trail. I turned around and wend on a different trail. My legs were very sore so I took a break, and laid down under a tree, and shivered. I had fallen several times in the darkness. One thing that really helped my rescue was the ability of the Sheriff to ping my phone, and locate my truck.
      Around 5:00 am I heard a drone, then saw some headlights. I walked down to them. It turned out they were looking for me. I didn't know they were part of larger group. They took me to the ambulance, and started checking me out. Once that was done I got to see the tools they had at their hands. Each of the people looking for me were assigned a radio number, that was tracked by the main computer. The screen showed the searchers paths. Where they had been, and where they were at any given time. Once they determined I was ok to go home, I was in between the ambulance and a second vehicle. I can't provide enough praise to people dedicated to helping others. 
      Now the, rest of the story... Before leaving home I told my wife I was going to do some riding, for about an hour. After not hearing from me for many hours, she decided to call the Sheriff for help. She gave him all the information she could. She knew the color of my truck, the ATV, and my phone number. I am very happy she looks out for me. You can bet this won't happen again. Thanks sweetie!
      All of this could had been avoided if I was riding with another person, and had my phone with me. 
    • By Gunny
      Here's a short video were I discuss the Apache Backcountry Tracks compared to my Tatou Tracks for where I live and my type of riding. I hope you enjoy the review !!

• By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Rick Shropshire
      Im rick, and im new here. I just got a Bayou 220 for $125. It locks up after a few rounds, Im pulling the motor now to see wtf. It didnt rattle or knock when it fires a few short times and it cranks and cranks with the starter before it locked up again. Ill know more tonight, but I actually bought it for the wheels to upgrade a G1 golf cart but if I can fix it, Ill keep it a bike, otherwise it gets cut up and merged with a golf cart. I have a larger bayou rear axle merging with a honda shadow vtwin 1100cc shaft drive bike and and yamaha golf cart. I am building "Frank" or "Frankie" the monster cart with around 10 to 12 inch and 26's. I like building modified toys especially when its done and it works, and doesnt cost me a fortune! lol I can weld and all that crap, been a mechanic all my life, I fix shit!! Im just disabled now and not as pliable as I was 20 years ago. I still fix shit, just takes me longer now with health and age, and Im on a low budget now. Good thing I have tools to do things myself or I'd be forced to be a couch potato. Anyway, thanks for letting me join. I have already read lots of cool threads and cant wait to show more pics of my progress

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Muggzy
      Hey All,
      Looking for some recommendations on an ATV for my Daughters-in-law to ride when they visit with my sons. We ride mostly woods trails. It needs to be fairly easy to ride, automatic is't necessary but shifting should be forgiving and it needs to be under $2000. I have a Banshee and a Polaris Sportsman 500HO now.
      One DIL is tiny, 5' and about 100lbs, the other is about 5'8" and 130lbs. I'm concerned that steering on the Sportsman may require too much upper body strength and the Banshee is definitely not a beginner's ride.
      I'm thinking about a Warrior (may be under powered) or a Honda 400EX but I'd love to hear what others might suggest?
      Thanks!
    • By Gunny
      Went for a ride at Murdock Basin, which is on the South side of the Uinta Mountains. I hadn't been there in about 13 yrs & I had forgotten just how rocky this area is. I did ride some trails I hadn't ridden before & even found one short ATV trail.
      I had the "Check Engine - Transmission Signal Fault" message, but the bike never did go into limp mode, so I just kept riding & a little while later, the message disappeared, so all is good. I did check the wires when I got home & put some dielectric grease on the connection thou.
      Over all, it was a great day of rid'in, I hope you enjoy the video.
      [ame]
      [/ame]...
    • By OutlawGade
      editing video