Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

split406

2013 Can Am Renegade - 2 2 4 On The Fly Or Not ??

While riding a Renegade in 2 wheel drive, must you come to a stop to engage 4 wheel drive? Or can you switch back and forth between 2 and 4 wheel drive while riding like you can on a Polaris?

Thanks

i was always under the impression that it is alot less hard on an atv or vehicle to switch stopped or at a crawl. but new technology advertises shift on the fly ... i'm old school, i stop and shift. what does the owners manual recommend?

Edited by oxidized_black

I also thought you can switch on the fly, but it is better to stop and engage 4WD then proceed. What year us your ATV?

* Added manufacturer and issue to thread title.

can-am recommends to switch at low speeds ..and with out the rear tires spinning in mud or loss of rear traction.. but i have seen it done at different speeds and while spinning the rears in mud ... but have heard noises that didnt sound good on there machines ... so i would say shift at your own risk at high speeds and durring rear traction loss ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris Sportsman 450 headlight mod

I am trying to figure out a way to make my high beam include the 2 front lights that come on in low beam mode. As it sits now I need to use the low beam to see the trail in front of me but can't see far ahead. On high beam I can see ahead but miss most of the trail right in front of me. Does anyone know of a kit that would mate the two front lights to the main headlight on high beam ? 

By kgard, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 97 Polaris sportsman 500 runs about 10 sec then dies

Hello, Everyone first time here, I appreciate this opportunity, I have a 97 polaris sportsman 500 that I just acquired, been sitting awhile ,would not turn over with a new battery, replaced the starter, got it to turn over, but no fire, replaced the coil, cdi box, new spark plug, spark plug wire and boot, still no fire, So I changed out the stator, boom I have Fire, Carburetor was in bad shape ,so I installed a new carburetor, a new fuel pump and filter and all new hoses, and before I tried to start it I cleaned the fuel tank, well here we go, It started right up idled like a brand new one, Idled for about 10 seconds and died, fired right back up idled great and revved up great, but in 10 seconds it died, fired right back up, this time I held the throttle about half throttle, and it kept running, but when I let off it died, so I then adjusted the throttle cable from all the way tight to all the way loose, and vise versa, still the same thing, Please somebody help, cause I'm bout to give it the HAMMER TEST.   

By Danny Gardner, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 23 replies
    • Polaris Magnum 425 - No Top End

I have a Polaris 425 Magnum. she starts fine and seems to have unlimited low end but just does not have any top end. I know she should be capable of more. Its like there is a limiter on the throttle or something. Need some advice on what to check next. I rebuilt the carb and made sure the floats and Needles are set.

By Rwoody, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 32 replies
    • Destination Polaris

Watched a cool tv show on   the Sportsman channel last sunday called  destination Polaris. They talk about different riding spots across North America for UTV's and ATV's. And a lot of mudding scenes too!

By Muleman, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 6 replies
    • 2019 Polaris Sportsman 850 SP Premium MSRP

If a 2019 polaris 850 sp premium has an MSRP of 10,999.00 What is a fair price to offer the dealer?

By Budman, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 2 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content