Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

K&N Air Filter Question?

RAM1961

Dream Car Giveaway

I've heard several different answers so finally went to K&N directly. My filters are pre-oiled - here is K&N's direct quote from email:

"Almost all K&N air filters come pre-oiled and ready to use. The filter oil we use is red. A new oiled filter will appear red-pink in color. Some crankcase vent air filters come unoiled, however, they come with a small packet of K&N filter oil so they can be oiled before use. There are also a limited number of filters with specialty uses which are not pre-oiled. These items will be clearly marked as unoiled."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By weblex
      Hi. I'm owning 2014 Sportsman Forest 850. Due to operation there is a problem with the decals and I would like to update them. But, as it turned out, this model is rare and finding the necessary stickers is a very difficult task, especially considering that the part of the decals set that I'm looking for is no longer produced - number 2 on the pic below with part number 7179065.
      I've tried to contact Polaris support asking them to sell me this decals or send image in any possible format to print by myself but unfortunately no luck and it's sad, because I have owned various models of Polaris for over 10 years and a fan of this manufacturer.
      Perhaps someone can send graphic files so I can print the stickers myself or show me how to get them?
      Or is there another solution to this problem? Small fresh decals make the ATV look completely different.
      Thank you in advance for any help or idea.

• By Fhai Catz-eteh
      I have been on K&N's website, but cannot seem to find a cross reference for my 2009 Outlander 400 XT EFI air filter. The OEM BRP filter number is 707800264. They (K&N) lists many that look like the original that I am replacing, but it would be awesome if someone has a K&N model number they have installed that has the right fit and function. Any info would be greatly appreciated -Cheers!
    • By quadandy
      Hey guys! Stoked to be here because ive found its pretty hard to get help for mini quads
      I recently bought a mini quad (it's a piece of poop so i have no clue the make) and it ran perfectly fine. I was running it a few weeks ago all day and it worked fine and the next day when i went to start it, the kickstart bar was super hard to push down but i could still do it, then it would skip and finish off hard to push down.
      I have fairly intermediate mechanic abilities so i was able to pull off the cover and start playing around. it seems the kickstart spring is fine but i noticed a bunch of metal shavings. long story short i posted pictures and took a video of how things are kind of running. i assume the gears started grinding and now they wont catch fully, hence the skipping?  
      Also, im aware the main gear on the left has broken teeth, i found out the hard way when i tried to take off the nut and the teeth broke.
      IMG_7447.MOV IMG_7445.HEIC IMG_7446.HEIC
    • By Ulfthednar
      So far so good. 
      I haven't found anything yet that really slowed this machine down.
      However I was running a trail the other day that turned out to be a LOT of FUN up here in my big backyard.
      I ran across something that I traversed readily the way I was going but made me think "lower pressure" and maybe a ground anchor would be handy.
      It wasn't huge, but it was a slick rock face at a pretty good angle.
      It was an easy roll through with a bit of gas at the bottom  going the way I was but going the other way it might be a bit of a pain.
      Its the first thing I've seen where dropping the tire pressure might be beneficial.
      The rest of the trail my tires did really well on at their current pressure.
      I've got an emergency Co2 driven pump, but wouldn't want to waste the cartridges just to air up a few pounds.
      Does any one run an onboard compressor on their ATV or has found an ATV sized portable plug in unit that works well?

• Dream Car Giveaway
    • By BlackShadow2804
      Hey guys, looking at getting a clutch kit for my '04 700 Twin w/EBS... whats the best clutch kit nowadays?

My dad said back in the day (like 20 years ago) he used EPI, but again that was a lot time ago and things change. I was gonna go with them but I read some people said it actually made it so you needed more throttle to get moving, which isn't what I'm wanting.

Looking to have better low-mid torque and responsiveness and I wanna be able to start moving with less throttle; recently rode his '22 570 and I was amazed how little you have to touch the throttle to get moving. I know this won't be as good, but hoping it'll at least improve it.

Thanks guys
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images