Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I'm looking to get another quad. I found about 3 Ploaris quads I'm looking at. On some of the reviwes I watched on you tube and read. Some people love'em & some hate'em. The biggest statement is it's a hit or mis with Polaris. Heres what I'm looking at 2 2011 Sportsman 550's w/eps & an 06 or 08 outlaw 525 irs sport quad. I rather hear from people who own or have owned a Polaris to hear your thoughts on quality and what to watchout for. The review that was pretty bad was a 2012 550 the eps quit two times and started working and has been ok. Then the active descent control quit on both quads they were doing a long term test. I'm on the fence about looking at the Polairs quads. Please help.

ive just bought a 09 550xp with eps, and love it has a plush ride and the only thing i know about the eps acting up is the relay either goes bad or gets corroded thats all ive heard about the eps.

I have my 01 Trailblazer for 8 yrs. I have not been nice to it. It has been rather nice to me. The only problems I have had have been regular wear and tear or caused directly by me. I have not owned any other Polaris quads, but this one I would have to give a hearty thumbs up.

Thanks guys .Wylde1 I know you have beat on your quad!!!! My body can't take the beating from my Prairie anymore and I keep reading & watching video reviews on how smooth the Polaris rides. I think with eps & a smoother riding quad I could still keep riding and enjoy it. Right now I enjoy it while I'm riding but after I hurt to bad. The doc said I need surgery a quad with eps & irs will be cheaper and way more fun. The other thing for me is I love the power my Prairie has and I will be giving that up with the 550. The Prairie will still be in the garage my daughter rides it now.

Check in with a dealer if you have one close to you. Try sitting on a couple and see how they feel. The location of the controls and your posture on the quad vary between brands and models. Once there you can ask all the questions you need. Good luck, hope you find one and are back out enjoying the ride soon.

We do have a local dealer Cycle Works they carry Kawasaki, Yamaha & Polaris we did have an Arctic cat dealer but I think their more of a farm, tractor & equipment dealer and the last time I went by it I didn't see the quads & I think the Arctic cat sign was no longer there. Then about 45 mins. away we have a larger dealership that has more to choose from. I know I can't buy a brand new quad so I'm trying to stay out of the dealerships. My wife would beat the I want a new quad! out of me she said about getting a new one till she found out it takes about 10,000 bucks for one.