Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gignac02

Head cover oil leak TRX 350

Last year i have changed the timing chain on my 1997 TRX350. I did use silicone between head and cover. now it is leaking. I am looking for a better product than silicone to put between cover and head. What should i use?

The factory gasket if there is one would be your best bet. Next would be a high temp red silicone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      Hey I have a 97 bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) that i bought for 1000 last June and sunk another 1000 into it already.  When i went to look at it, the seller had warmed it up before hand (he was riding it when I got there).  it ran good so i bought it and took it home that evening... next morning it wouldn't hardly start.  I discovered the carb was clogged, there was chunks of rust in the fuel valve, the choke lever was missing and other things.  I have since cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel valve and gas lines and cleaned out the gas tank and cap.  
      Enough background on it, the problem is this:  It floods if i push it past half throttle in 4th and 5th gear even going downhill and shifting correctly.  It also has to idle and warm up when you first start it which is really annoying now that its cold...  It also smokes blue smoke for about 15 seconds when started cold-  does not smoke at all once warm but the exhaust still smells like burnt metal.  A friend told me that it didn't have enough compression.  I also found out that the valves are a common cause for low compression on Kawasakis..  I have never adjusted valves before-  the most I've ever got into a engine was a head gasket on a riding mower so I'm new to this.  My goal is to get this bike running and starting cold like a top-  should i tear down and rebuild the top end?  What should i try first?  I tore the carb apart and rebuilt it and fiddled with the air screw and nothing changed.  I also ordered a compression test kit that should be coming in soon.

Ive also considered just selling it for like $500 and taking the hit-  Id rather not sink too much more into this machine..  lol
    • By chem3233
      I have a 1998 yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 I have put back to life but as soon as I had all the bugs out it blew the special "L" plug out. What causes this? Is there something special I have to do to replace this?
    • By bradleyheathhays
      '11 Grizz 700 here.  Since I've got some warm weather these next couple days I've decided to start the bike after about a year of just sitting.  Took out the plug and sprayed a good amount of fogging oil on top of the piston to help lubricate things.  After about a minute of letting it soak I stuck my air line tubing in to suck out the excess, but it seems like I didn't get nearly as much in return.  Repositioned the tube enough so that everything that was gonna come out pretty much did.  I'll probably shoot some compressed air down the plug hole before doing the start just to make sure it's all out, as well as cranking it for a second before putting the plug back in.   How long would it take for a bit of standing fogging oil to seep past the piston rings, and where would it go?  I guess into the engine oil?  The oil was fairly new the last time it was started but I'm sure it could stand to be changed after sitting for so long.  If much of this fogging oil got into the engine oil should I do the change before the startup?
    • By Ty Warner
      New to ATV's. I got a good deal on a 2007 Suzuki LTZ250. It is shaft drive which seems rare. Any pro's or con's?
    • By Brantley40
      Looking for a cylinder head for a 2002 Kawasaki Lakota Sport 300
  • Similar Tagged Content

By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • By oleskool
      Has new top end, piston, rings, valves, etc. great compression, good spark, plenty of fuel. Valves have been set. timing has been tripled checked. Can not get it to start. any ideas suggestions on anything I am missing. Also if anyone has the service manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    • By Martin Carrière
      Recently bought my BB. Everything works great. Only thing is, each time I put it in reverse, it either starts to rev high and start moving without giving it gas or I'll give it a bit of gas and let go and it will still rev at the same rpm or higher and keep moving. Doesn't do it for high or low.