Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

madstuff33

what is this button?

there is a random black rubber button on the front fairings left hand side (pretty much by my knee) and i have no idea what it does. if i press it the starter relay starts clicking wildly. i should point out that iv never had the engine running as i have a few other things needing fixed before i start on that hence my confusion. its also not mentioned in the owners manual. any ideas?

there is a random black rubber button on the front fairings left hand side (pretty much by my knee) and i have no idea what it does. if i press it the starter relay starts clicking wildly. i should point out that iv never had the engine running as i have a few other things needing fixed before i start on that hence my confusion. its also not mentioned in the owners manual. any ideas?

can u post a pic of it ?:confused:

can u post a pic of it ?:confused:
iv posted a view of the button from the front and under the fairings. really confused now as it makes the starter relay click when the ignition is off aswell :S

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg.e1aeb520576299a4120db52128dd6734.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg.740e3b1f29c8a8c5cd6f6a17717679a7.jpg

i did a bit more digging and found that the starter relay has been hardwired to the battery through that button, fuck only knows why though as the bike comes with a key. would doing this bypass the safety switches as apparently these bike are notorious for electric problems. other than that i cant see any other reason for doing it :S

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bradleyheathhays
      Damn, it took 30 years of driving to cause my first accident, and on Friday the damn 13th. Did a low speed rear end into the back of a lifted truck and got into it's trailer receiver. The only place it made contact with was at the very front center of the hood close to where it latches. Unfortunately the impact was enough that there's a longitudinal hump in the middle of the hood now, bowed 6 inches on each side above the quarter panels, which weren't involved at all thank God. Both my headlights are cracked at the top, but not because they got hit; I think it was because the hood and it's latch was pushed back during the collision possibly deforming the support structure, causing the to separate. The hood is lifted up about 3 inches above each headlight and when looking in at the support material just behind each headlight, one side shows cracks and the other cracks and about a 1/2 gap in the material. Can't tell but it may resemble fiberglass, not really sure? My best guess is that the whole front bumper is gonna have to come off and that entire front support piece be replaced. Any advice on how hard this can be? I do a lot of my own work but I really don't want to be getting into this especially with the weather getting so bad now.

When I go junkyard shopping for parts, what year Tauruses are compatible with my '02?
    • By Mike Johnson
      Does anyone know what the 3rd item is behind the battery on this ATV ? I know 1 is the,  solenoid1 is the CDI box, what is the 3rd.
    • By quadmaniac
      Anyone going shopping on this Black Friday? Eraly Bird 4am specials? Any crazy shoppers out there?
      Check out this site: Black Friday @ GottaDeal.com - The Official Black Friday 2007 Deals Site
      Also Walmart has some early online specials: Advertised Values - Feature - Wal-Mart
    • By name
      Hi, do you know if that exists ?
    • By David Miller
      Does anyone know how to access the check engine codes on a 2018 450 sportsman. Just changed battery and spark plug . It runs fine but the light is on and I need this to plow snow and need it reliable. Any ideas . Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jw7054
      So I went through the top end and then put everything back together and did break in and then probably 3-4 rides. Now my start button doesnt work but i can jump the solenoid and it starts right up. I looked for bad connects and didnt see any. I then replaced the coil and got nothing. So before i blow more money on something i dont know if it will work, i would like your guys opinion on what it would be. Thanks. Oh and it is a suzuki 160 '91
    • By gatorchin
      Ok..I have the key for main ignition..for some reason, my push button isn't working..I have replaced starter solenoid, start circuit relay, new battery..when I turn the key on, I have 12 volts on the right side of my solenoid, not getting any voltage from the small blue/white stripe wire on the bottom of relay..assuming may be problem with one of the safeties..I can pull start everytime, I can jump solenoid with screwdriver, wrench, etc, and it starts everytime..so I just want to run a new aftermarket push button switch..my question is exactly how to do it..would I just run one wire the the small red/white wire on the bottom of solenoid, and run the other wire(from push button) to the small blue/white wire on bottom of solenoid?..I plan on using 14 guage wire, and I ordered a momentary , waterproof, push button..I plan on just drilling a hole between the key switch and reverse knob and installing it there..would like my e start working before winter hits
    • By quadcrazy
      We've added the abilty for you to have your own "online" or "offline" status button that you can put anywhere on the web, to show your active status and support of this community. Click Here
      We've added code that you can use in other forums (signatures), myspace, facebook, and any other site that you take part in.
      By adding your status button on other sites, your helping spread the word about QUADCRAZY!
      Example:
      In my signature.........