Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2006 Yamaha Wolverine - Cold Idle Issues

skeeziix

2006 yamaha wolverine 450 carb cold idle issues it stays running when I have the choke up but when I put it back down to idle it wants to stall out. This machine only has 218 miles had has pretty much been sitting for that long lol. Runs great in the warm but is really rough in the cold.

I am going to try to change the gas, new air filter, and spark plugs.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

spark plug is a good change, you could add some seafoam, available i think from your napa stores, it will clean the carb without having to take it apart. im sure thats whats wrong with the cold start. you could also put a hotter plug in too, i think yours is an NGK DR8EA, a hotter plug would be DR7EA ... just use it when its cold if you decide and replace it with the summer plug in the warm months

sounds like ya got it all covered ..lol.. with the newer fuel and all the extra things they have to do to it to cut down on emissions it will start to go bad in as little as 30 days ... especially in small amounts like in out atv tanks .. I always put a fuel stabilizer in mine so that I don't have to remove and clean/rebuild 2 carbs .. its cheap insurance on a good running quad even after sitting for months at a time ...

• 2 weeks later...