Quantcast

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 350 - Wheel Play

Rjthrasher

Im new to your forum and i have searched to the best of my ability and cant find a thread for my problem so im gonna ask. As stated above i have an auto wolverine 350 that i bought for my girls and the left front wheel has play in it. I thought it was the bearings so i had the seals and bearings changed out and it still has play! What could be the problem? Tie rods? Axel or what? Im at a loss and its driving me crazy! Any help/ knowledge would be greatly appreciated

The steering is fine i can hit at least 30 and let go and its straight as an arrow. It when i put it on a jack and shake it back and forth it has play. How i noticed it was looking straight at it from the front and the left front wheel is bowed in so i jacked it up and shook the wheel and could tell. When the wheel is off the sprocket itself has a little play but not like it does when the wheel is on. If that makes sense?

Yea roger it has the castle nut with the cotter pin. After complete install of of wheel i can ride two passes and the castle nut is starting to back off and the wheel has play. Do i need to have a bigger plate washer on it? I cant figure out how to post pic from a tablet or i would post pics for u. Thanks for helping!

Yea thanks for putting that up. That was the digram i was trying to put on here but my photo bucket isnt working. That is exactly how i have mine set up. Its all stock. Maybe the axel is bad but the guy who did the bearings didnt say it looked bad but idk!? Thanks for the info. Im gonna go ahead and take it apart again see what i can find. Ill keep this updated

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By John Sinclair
      I WANTED TO UPGRADE THE CARBURATOR ON MY 1992 BIG BEAR 350, SO I ORDERED A NEW CARB FROM EBAY.  ACCORDING TO THE WRITE-UP IT WAS A GOOD FIT FOR BIG BEARS FROM 1988 TO 1996.  WHEN I REMOVED MY ORIGINAL CARB I NOTICED THAT IT WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE NEW CARB MY CARB HAD TWO THROTTLE  CABLES THE NEW CARB ONLY HAD ONE CABLE.  HOW CAN I MAKE THIS CARB WORK ON MY TWO CABLE THROTTLE?  
    • By Ajmboy
      Starting a new topic for the 2024 Presidential Elections. Please be respectable with open discussion 🙂.
      Wikipedia (See who has entered the race):
      2024 United States presidential election
      2024 Presidential Polls: 
      RealClearPoltics
      FiveThirtyEight
      270toWin Interactive Map

Previous topics (now closed):
      2020 Presidential Election Discussion Thread
      2016 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

• By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.