Quantcast

2008 Suzuki KQ 750 - Charging Problem

bigmudder

hi iam new here but i have a 08 750 king quad and at idel it charges and when u rev it up it does but when u turn the head lights on it does not and the regulator gets hot. the battery is good and its a new regulator..some say stator but before i buy one for 200 dollars i would like to no if that is it or not and how do i test it .any help would be great thx dan.

• 2 weeks later...

i ran the test on the stator and it check out good.i added a few grounds and it actually bump up my volts from 13.50 to 14.53.and when u turn the lights on it charges now. but after 15 to 20 mins. the regulator gets hot it quits charging and iam assuming thats what it is doing.and wont charge anymore.but if u shut off the fourwheeler and start it back up it will charge again until it gets hot.do u think its the regulator or not. i could use some help here. thx.

the regulators do get very hot during operation, very hot to the touch ... you could cook an egg on it, but not light a cigarette ... i would hate to see you spend money on something you might not need. do you have a buddy with the same bike you could swap the part out to check? i know electrical components are non returnable/refundable after the package is opened ...

im pretty sure it runs all the time, leveling out the current ...

it almost sounds like the stator is failing because thats what makes the power, but then you wouldnt have spark to keep it running ... im not sure what other modules are in between ... so maybe it is the regulator, does the current drop and/or spike with it running? i think it should be 14.5-14.7 ???

• 2 weeks later...