Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Honda 440ex - Solenoid ??

davidiz420

just got this beast and ive ben vary happy today it just clicks its pretty froze up with ice and snow if I jump the sylinoid she will crank could it just be froze

also would like to know what oil and gas every one recommends it has after market oil cooler and stage 2 cams fully ported and polish to 11:1 compression ben using premium but should I run 110??? and what type of oil should I use in the bottom end also thanks guys

Your sylinoid may be bad or it's having a power drain cause it's

Covered in snow an ice .. I would thaw it out and make shure

There is no ice an snow on it and then try ... If it starts then that was

It if not change it ... I use only rotella 15W-40 in my machines and I've

Owned several 400ex machines and used it in them with no issues

Good luck and enjoy ...

What voltage are you getting at idle? Did you load test the battery? It might not hold a charge. Check all your connections first. every last one of them. clean em and dielectric grease them. remove your grounds and sand paper the frame underneath. then if you still have a problem let us know.

I have a 400ex with a 500 kit at 11:1. I run Rotella T6 synthetic diesel oil. I also use 93 octane with Ethanol Shield mixed in.

stator generates the power ... regulator/rectifier keeps constant voltage ... usually the solenoid connections will spoil before anywhere else (besides the battery terminals corroding) it seems ... battery while running with volt meter should read between 14.3-14.7Vs with lights on ...

well guess its just my bad luck started rite up put it in first gear and it jus died like I kinda ran outa gas has ben running excellent do these big motors foul plugs if I run premium from caseys gas???? was told to use 110 from the 11:1 piston but was also told premium wouldn't hurt and theres a lot of snow snow so just stoppd at caseys if I really give it a lot of gas it acts like it wants to start man I hope the 440s foul plugs and it aint sumthin more

Edited by davidiz420

it has no air box lid wide open with a kn filter with pre charger I notice with the choke on it seems to be miss firing sounds really odd :mad:

I cotacted the origina owner he said it wont run anything with less than 96 octane I hapend to use 68 from caseys wich will never happen again

my question is will I have to completely remove the carb to get the 68 out or if I loosen the res tube and drain it all and wash it out with some 110 will that last little bit of 68 push it self on threw??? thanks guys

Edited by davidiz420

you might need a carb cleaning and while your at it let us know what #s your jets are. Clean the carb 3 times over. pull the plug and see what color it is.

looks like I mite have to take off all the plastics im gunna try just getting it done but I cant even get to the plug it seems with out taki9ng them off:aargh:

looks like I mite have to take off all the plastics im gunna try just getting it done but I cant even get to the plug it seems with out taki9ng them off:aargh:

spark plug looks 20 years old there was some rust in the threads even sf416c spit fire plug can this be replaced with a ngk

also is there any way to get the gas out of the carb with out removing it???????????

got the gas out got the new plug got 110 racing fuel now all I got is to prey I didn't cause any damage I only made it 1 lap so I doubt it!!!

Edited by davidiz420

well good news im back in business and btw it was a bi*** getin a plug wrench to fit the ngk and the head I used the same 20 year old plug after much deliberation but after a few cranks she purs again!!! thanks for all the help guys and also u have to completely tear the bike down just to git at the plug wtf!!!