The Daystar winch Isolator

A review by Desert Hawk

With 30 years in Designing and Producing Precision Plastic Components for Four Wheel Drive Trucks, Motocross Bikes, Passenger Cars, and Mountain Bikes and

Since 2000, Daystar has been certified QS 9000 / ISO 9001. This demanding certification, recognized worldwide, ensures our customers that the entire process, from design to shipment, is independently verified and documented to meet or exceed our customers' expectations.

As a ATV Utility rider I carry most everything one would need for the extreme

conditions of the Desert Southwest and the Mountains, One thing that always

drives me crazy is the noise of something bouncing around on my ATV or in my

cargo box !

With a little foam and and packing carefully I was able to decrease the noise

from the box's,Now the next thing was the winch hook as I do not like to run

it all the way into the Fairlead causing damage to it or becoming stuck.

After using bungee's it helped but looked a little tacky and it always seemed

that someone I knew or myself would end up using them for something else.

Then a Very Good Friend & Riding Buddy told me about the Daystar winch isolator

after a very simple installation,I now have excellent protection for my flairlead best of all No Noise and a couple of really neat features !

I always recommend a pair of gloves when working with any winch,With this design

the Daystar Winch Isolator has a custom made fit with finger grips that ease

the control of the cable in and out plus if ever the cable should snap it helps

decrease the wild snapping that is so dangerous with any winch's.

So not only did I solve my winch hook noise and banging problem,I'm protecting

my flairlead,keeping unwanted trail material from coming into the cable spool

and kept my machine from looking tacky and ready for any job involving my winch

with a little more safety !

On a scale of 10 I would rate this product A 10+ and would recommend this to

anyone who has a winch on any type of vehicle...Yes I'm that impressed !

Go to the Daystar website and find the dealer nearest you Home

Or Call 1-800-595-7659 The Friendly Professional Staff make it so easy to

address all of your off road High Performance needs.

Desert Hawk

Click to Enlarge Pictures

th_100_1230.jpg

th_100_1229.jpg

th_100_1227.jpg

th_100_1236.jpg

th_100_1232.jpg

th_100_1231.jpg

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Great review DesertHawk. Thanks for the information. This is what this site needs more of. Product and ATV Reviews.

They should put up a product review section. :biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By toonces
      My mother has just developed a fairly serious case of sciatica, which is a condition where you have some serious leg pain as the result of a pinched sciatic nerve. One of the exercises she does in physical therapy is simply the therapist holding onto her foot and pulling away from her hips as she lays on her back on a table. To replicate this exercise at home they have recommended an inversion table (where you turn upside down and hang from your feet), but since she's not too keen on this idea I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this exercise...which is where the idea of a remotely operated winch comes in.
      I don't really have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to what equipment is out there that can help me accomplish this goal, but I'm not too shabby at designing things and since I just installed a superwinch on my grizz this is the first idea I've come up with.
      Basically I'm imagining using some kind of winch whose rope would be worked through a pulley system that would end attached to a shoe which Mom would put on, lie down and use the remote switch to gently stretch the leg.
      - Winch (if an ATV winch) would be powered by a 12v car battery hooked up to a trickle charger
      - Safety mechanisms would include...
      - a light switch dimmer inline between the 12v battery and the winch so speed can be adjusted.
      - possibly using one of those stretchy rubber exercise resistance bands in the line segment to regulate and ease the pulling
      - a remote power cut off switch paired with the remote 'in/out' switch
      Honestly I could just go ahead and make this system myself, and I'm fairly sure it would work, but I thought I'd bounce this idea off a mechanically minded community to see if there are any ideas how I could improve on the design.
      Since I'm only familiar with ATV winches at this point that's what I've imagined using. But if anyone is aware of a 110v based winch that would be more appropriate, that would surely help in simplifying powering the system since it'll be located indoors. Only requirement for the winch would be that it would need both an in and out function operated by a remote switch. And since the winch would only need to pull between 10-20 lbs it wouldn't need to be nearly as beefy as the ATV type.
      Sorry for the long write up here but I'm certainly glad for your time and open to your opinions and suggestions.
    • By toonces
      Putting in a SW Terra 35 and I've decided the crimp I'm looking at here isn't something I can reproduce so I need to figure out who to take this wire to get the end put back on after I get it shortened to where I need it. Never having delt with wires this big I have no idea who I could go to just locally to get this done. What kind of (electrical?) business would deal with stuff like this?

• By toonces
      Just got my first ATV, a '11 700 Grizz and planning on doing some trail riding soon. First piece of equipment I'm adding is a winch and I'm needing some suggestions for something that would be good for my kind of riding but comes at a decent price. Usually I try to get quality stuff (Warn) but since I'm needing to conserve denero right now I figure this winch is something that (at least for me) doesn't have to be crazy great/expensive. Although I'd still like to get something that's decent quality and can pull well, in my middle age I hardly think I'll be voluntarily launching into any terrain that has the potential to get me too stuck...thus I doubt I'll be using the winch that often.
      Anybody have a suggestion for a model that's decent quality for around say $300 bucks? Doesn't have to be built to be used time after time but quality does still count.
      Thanks
    • By tofastfisher
      cant find one any wear you guys have any idea s ? only listing I can find goes too 2002