Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Hello all, not sure if I'm asking this question in the area but here it goes.

My issue started the other day when I was using my Honda TRX420TM7 to run my brush sprayer. I realized I low on fuel, so I grabbed a fuel jug and added enough to take it to approx 1/2 tank or so. After running it for a little while it started acting up and smoking. I figured out that the fuel I used had gone bad so I went to drain the tank. I have what appears to be 3 hoses going into a canister. I pulled one of them and the tank drained completely. I added brand new fuel back to the tank and cleaned spark plug. It will start and run for a few seconds then shut down. My question is, where can get a complete diagram of the fuel system or can one of you tell me how to clear the whole system so I may use atv again. Thank you in advance.:confused:

You need to clean your carb now.

It sounds like something is blocking a jet.

We have been having many problems with the Gov mandated ethanol blend gasoline.

It is terrible for all our small engines. Chainsaws are really having problems.

yes something is blocking the line or even air flow- seems like you dumped something into it (partical or gunk) from the jug.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Matt John
      Charging issue?
      I have a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI. Yesterday, I start the machine and it says low power (10.6-10.8). This machine is on its second battery. This is a new AGM battery with 50cca more than stock.
      Should I look at the regulator or stator?
      Thanks!!!
    • By JacobSlabach
      recently picked up some project bikes off CL for cheap.  got a honda fourtrax (the ancient 4x4 kind with the straight axle in the front as well as the rear and a back-up kick-start)  plastics are crap, but my goal is to get running like a champ and patch the plastics up and sell to one of my many friends that want a reliable 4x4 for dirt cheap and doesnt care what it looks like.
      so the former owner says it needs carb rebuilt, but its sat for 3+ years since so who knows.  things I see:  carb is missing (he gave me a box of parts along with the bike), engine turns over and feels good with kick-start, brakes need work, battery missing (That always puts me off, cause then I know most likely someone's been tampering with the electrical.
    • By Derrick Lenz
      So I bought a brand new carb that was set and everything. Put it all together and it runs and idles good. The downside is the bottom of the bowl is leaking fuel not a small leak either. I bought one previous and it was a cheap one and it leaked as well so I figured I'd spend the money and by an OEM one and it still leaks. Should I send it into the mechanic and have them adjust the float? I mean for a new carb I was kinda disappointed. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
    • By Mudrecon
      Haven't got a service manual for this yet so I'm flying by the seat of my pants I made myself a shifter extension to go up by the gas tank took my foot shifter off to weld it and now when I put it back on I don't seem to be able to find neutral. Is there some asinine reason that you have to do something internally when you change or remove the foot shifter? It was a simple take off weld put back on and dog bite my pecker it's not working. I hope this is something simple I've done and that's something I need brain surgery for. Cheers fellas I know y'all will have the right answers
    • By Alex Lee
      Im having a problem getting the left side of my engine case apart so i can fix my starter gear issue .can anyone share some guidance i have all bolts that i know or havent managed to remove hi lo shifter 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By bradleyheathhays
      Life got the best of me this year and to make a long story short my '11 Grizz 700 has a half tank of gas (w/ no stabilizer) and hasn't been started for around 9 or 10 months. I have apologized to it and promised this will never happen again, but in the meantime I'm faced with what to do to remedy the problem. Ideally I suppose I should get the tank off and drain the gas, replacing with non-EtOH gas (which thankfully I just found in my area).
      Any advice on how to get this done (draining the tank) or how difficult it might be?
    • By frankmako
      My 2005 Arctic Cat 500 started leaking fuel from the top right hand side of the carb. It looks and feels that the fuel is coming from under the throttle cable housing area just above the primer pump. I have not had time to take carb off. Has anyone had a leak on this side and area of their carb?
    • By gyminis
      HELP, i have a 2009 yamaha grizzly 700 yfm7fgpy special edition with a defective fuel pump and am wanting to know how to test it to know if it is defective or not
    • By surbike11
      Here is the story. I bought the atv used it one week at the hunting camp no issues. I go back the next week and its working great, I cut it off for a break and go to crank it and it has no spark. I tore the bike completely down(all plastics off). All wiring looked good. I started cheap new plug coil. still no spark. Oh by the way no codes came up either. Next was a ecm because everything was testing out good (stator etc). I put the ecm on and boom it busted right off and was running great. New issue I noticed the wires from the stator going to the rectifier were scorching hot I mean burn you hot. I shut it down and started to research. I checked all grounds again. All grounds were good so I ordered a rectifier. Put the new rectifier on and same thing super hot. So I ordered a new stator and pulsar. Keep in mind the scooter was running great just wires getting to hot. The stator according to all the specs tested out good but I couldn't figure what else to do. So I put the new stator on today and I am back to NO spark. Someone please help I am loosing my mind. Thanks