Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

commander777

2012 can am commander 100 xt power steering?

can anyone tell me if power steering is on my utv?just got it and don't have any manuals w/ the side by side.it doesn't feel like it but was wondering.also,loud noise from underneath seems like.ive read a few posts where people have complained about the noise as well and the heat and dust coming up from the cockpit area.what u guys think.any advice.thanks

Moved to Can-Am forum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kgard
      Hi all, I bought a 2018 used 450 for my wife. She is having trouble with some of the real rocky trails close to our home. Her arms give out in an hour or two so I was thinking of adding power steering . Is this possible ? Anyone done this ? 
    • By bob5701954
      I am new to this forum, have been atving  for 3 yrs.  recently got rid of my old 2006 Yamaha Kodiak , bought an new  2016 570 sportsman , I noticed that it was rather open in the front portion of the bike , so I installed alum. checker  plate to protect the battery  and rad . hose.  but I did not think to protect the exposed sides of the rad. as I live in northern british Columbia and we drive on old logging roads and we clear a lot of trails. on my 3 rd ride I got a stick thru the rad, and into the  elec. fan .  2 rides  later  the fan broke apart.  but luckily  I ahd since put on home made side guards out of sheet metal .. this actually  created better air flow and kept the machine cooler, but my problem is with polaris,  they installed side rad  guards  on the 2014  models- the 2015 models, then took them off for 2016 , I have seen lots of complaints about over heating, as a result of no air flow  across the bike , due to no guards, then I get a picture of a 2016.5   limited edtion Canadian 570  that has rad. side guards, I put in an appeal and they will not come good for the fan and motor, I like the  bike a lot , but am not very happy with polaris and their stupid idea  to remove the side guards, not everyone drives on logging  roads
                                        bob5701954
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
    • By oxidized_black
      Please do not post your email address, for your own security !!!
      these are the manuals i have to date for Misc Chinese Brands. if anyone sees one they need, just message me and you'll have it.

• By Roggo
      Hi all  im new on here  just joined, i need a bit of help and advice ,i have a kazuma dingo 150cc quad  aad all the steering ball joints are goosed ,ive tried for months to buy some ,cant get them any where ,all the sites say sold out ,i wondered if any one on here knows a dingo spares seller ,or  could any one give some advice about modifying the a arms ,any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks Roggo.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By toonces
      Educating myself getting ready to buy my first 4x4 and have some questions.
      1 - Engine size. One of my wants is to be able to pull a trailer up a trail with a decent amount of camping gear piled in, so I've been told to either look for a good size motor or one with hi-lo gears. From what I've learned so far it seems that something like a Sportsman 500 HO or 550 Griz would do that job fairly well. But for the sake of opening up my options could I possibly look into a smaller engine than these if it had hi-lo? Put another way...what's the smallest engine size I should be looking for on a machine that has hi-lo considering my pulling needs?
      2 - Can add power steering? Is it possible to add power steering to a model that didn't come with it, but other versions of that same year's model did? For example some of the 2008 Griz 550s came with PS and some didn't. If I found one that didn't have it could I reasonably assume I could add it later considering the frame and equipment has probably already been designed to work with it?
      3- Mileage and age. Most of the machines I'm seeing have between 500-1200 or so miles and I'm wondering how many is too many? Seen some with 2-3000+ and I'm most def staying away from those. But whats the mileage limit where you can expect major things (read expensive) to start going wrong with the machine? I've heard someone generally speaking say they would rather take a 2006 with 1000 miles on it vs a 2012 with 2000. Would most people agree?
    • By slm2hh
      my quad wont start no power when the key is on, no lights no neutral light. it was running fine put it in reverse and it died. and nothing..
      battery is good
      starter and solenoid are good...
      checked the fuses they are good (range fro 10 to 15 Amp).
      there is a big one that did not test or checked but it is expensive to replace, but not sure what it does anyways
      any ideas ?
      Thanks
      slm
    • By Tim-ANC
      Just got back from a 3 day hunting trip over nasty terrain. Last day did a 53 mile round trip and the return with Caribou meat. The steering bump on these is pretty bad. Came home with bruises on my palms.
      Anyone know of a good steering stabilizer device? I`m looking at the one in the link. Seems awesome, but the price!
      Precision Racing Products ATV Steering Stabilizer damper
    • By Tim-ANC
      My friend has 2007 Honda TRX680FA Rincon. He wants to know if there is a power steering mod available for this? I don`t see anything in the service manual indicating it might have been a stock option.