Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

400 Eiger Issue!

Eljefe

I bought a 2004 Eiger 5 speed. The guy I got it from let it sit 3 months in the winter. It would start up but not idle and die out when you revved it up. I took carb off soaked it, cleaned jets, reset floats, new gas. It would sart but flood after a few seconds. Tore it down again. Now it won't start. Gas runs out the vent tube!!!! Sometimes the plug is wet sometimes not. Have good consistent spark and the flywheel had been changed out. Any ideas?! Is it a vacuum issue? Maybe carb boot between carb and head? And I checked the fuel flow from the pitcock so I don't believe that's the issue.

something is wrong with your float if gas is running out of vent tube. I had the same problem with mine and I had to replace the needle and seat. when the carb apart make sure you blow into fuel inlet with the float pushing closed and see if it seals. also you must use compressed air to clean carb while its apart. hope this helps

Thanks, I think float too, but I replaced the needle and blew it all out with air. I did not try blowing air through the fuel inlet while holding the floats closed though. I have had this thing off 3 times now! I thought floats before so I set them at 17mm or .67" after I replaced the needle.

Ok thanks! It's only running out of the vent if I turn it to prime for a few seconds when cranking. Doesn't seem to do that when the petcock is on. Still think float? Going to yank it in a couple days. Also Suzuki list 2 carbs for the 04 (k4). 13200-38FBV and 13200-38FCV. Anybody know the difference? Is one for the automatic tranny and one for the semi auto?