Ajmboy

John Deere Utility Vehicles

8 posts in this topic

I was checking these out online and was wondering if anyone has checked these out, owns one, or has ridden one. It looks like they have an extensive line of UTVs.

JohnDeere Utility Vehicles

I have driven models from the traditional ,HPX, and XUV Series. Work they are all great for Trail rig, depends on what you want. Reliability they are great for.

I have driven models from the traditional ,HPX, and XUV Series. Work they are all great for Trail rig, depends on what you want. Reliability they are great for.

I never knew they had such an extensive line.

I have been on 1 that looked like the Gator HPX at my cousin's mud runs about few months ago. His was a bit more fancy than the stuff on the john deere site. But it had the rims/tires off of the XUV on it, different steering wheel, and a little roof part on top.

He was renting it for the weekend down there to haul stuff to all the tents, and that their. It was a ok ride for going over bumps, and that. But I didnt like the seat. It was to stiff. I don't know if hes going to rent another 1 this weekend. Because he called us saying hes having another mud run down there. So we'll see if he rents another gator like that.

I have been on 1 that looked like the Gator HPX at my cousin's mud runs about few months ago. His was a bit more fancy than the stuff on the john deere site. But it had the rims/tires off of the XUV on it, different steering wheel, and a little roof part on top.

He was renting it for the weekend down there to haul stuff to all the tents, and that their. It was a ok ride for going over bumps, and that. But I didnt like the seat. It was to stiff. I don't know if hes going to rent another 1 this weekend. Because he called us saying hes having another mud run down there. So we'll see if he rents another gator like that.

Takes some pics if you go there, I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

Man I completey forgot to take a picture of the gator. He rented another gator HPX mostly only thing different was the little black roof on it. I did get to ride around in it. Really not much to hold on *well for me* when going full throttle around the corner few times. But that 1 was ok not the greatest but ok to goof around on.

But when I was looking thru my pictures I did get a picture of it driving away over in the corner of the picture next to the cow truck. My cousin's johney *thats running that mud bash* was driving my dad's cousin pete around showing the area.

Here's the picture of it. was mostly taking the picture of the toyota. but I'll just show it to show the gator.

attachment.php?attachmentid=258&stc=1&d=1223934059

!cid__10-11-08_7557.jpg

!cid__10-11-08_7557.jpg.15b9390a35ddb9de756b2cd96d6069d2.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WeekendATVdotcom
      If youve looked at some of the factory mud machines youve noticed many have upgraded footpegs to help keep your feet firmly grounded. Rox Speed FX released universal foot pegs earlier this year for anyone. See what you think of them: REVIEW: Rox Speed FX ATV Foot Pegs - WeekendATV.com

• By RERB
      Polaris Ranger Utility Vehicle Owners Earn $200 (Atlanta)
      DO YOU OWN A POLARIS RANGER 500 OR 570? EARN $200
      We are a market research company that pays people for their time and opinions. We are not selling anything; we are only interested in your opinion which will help the manufacturers develop better products in the future.
      We are going to be conducting a Utility Vehicle focus group research study in Atlanta on Wednesday and Thursday June 11th. & 12th. at 6:00 PM. You will have an opportunity to share your opinion regarding current and future utility vehicle designs and will be paid $200.00 for your time.
      If you don't own one of these utility vehicles, please tell your friends about this study.
      WE ARE LOOKING FOR MODEL YEARS 2010 OR NEWER.
      REGISTRATION OR BILL OF SALE IS REQUIRED AS PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.
      Please call A Point of View Research ASAP to see if you qualify and register for one of the days.
      Thanks
      Pat
      714-891-1888
    • By MadMan
      Hello everybody, I need some advice on buying my next utility ATV 4x4. Ive narrowed it down to Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Polaris, or Can Am. Im wanting something with a 500-850 motor. I def do not want a 1000. They just seem too big and heavy. I am 6ft-5in tall and medium build. I currently drive a 1998 Yamaha Big Bear 4x2 350 and its simply too small for my body size. I also own a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 which fits me quite nice and has a comfortable large seat. My wife loves driving the Popo since its automatic, so I get stuck driving the Yamaha if she tags along for ride since its semi auto shift. Id like to trade up the Big Bear for a larger, reliable, capable, trail and mud machine. I must have 4 wheel drive and IRS. I like the reliability of Yamaha, but I must admit my Popo rides quite smooth. I just really dislike the Polaris CVT belt noise and the lag time it requires to move atv after u punch the throttle. I havent tested the new 2013 or 2013 popo sportsman to compare. Im not into extreme mudding, but my friends and I do snorkel our quads and drive thru deep water on occasion. So I would like an ATV that is water friendly, if there is such a thing. LOL! Ive pondered a can am xmr 650 but am worried the can am might be expensive to maintain or repair. I really like the look of the AC Mud Pro, but I have no problem modifying a base model to suit my needs. Whatever bike I buy MUST be large in frame size. I dont need gobs of power but I prefer a larger frame size. My Big bear and my buddys Honda Rancher are just too small. My butt actually hits the rear rack when I ride if I sit bk too far. Please share your thoughts, good or bad. I am not brand loyal, I just want a well made, larger frame bike for trails and some mud.
      Thanks!
    • By Roan
      I grew up riding motorcycles and three-wheelers. After 20 years away, I have now moved to the Rocky Mountains and have some amazing country to explore in my backyard. Add a snowplow onto a utility four wheeler (do they call them that?) and I have a great opportunity and excuse to buy a toy that I have wanted for years.
      Not to mention that my 5 year-old would lose his mind if Dad bought one of these and we started exploring the backroads/4wd roads that are all over my area.
      That said, I do not want to spend more than $5000+ for this and, so long as it can do some basic snow removal and run reliably, dont mind getting an older model.
      I have four questions:
      1) I feel comfortable maintaining this, but would like an expert to look it over to find any big issues before I buy it. Should I take it to a dealer to have it checked out? This is complicated by my next question . . .
      2) Any recommendations on how to bring it home? I do not yet have a truck, trailer or anything to get whatever I buy home. I expect that I will have to borrow/rent a truck, but once it is at my house I can just ride from my house to all of the places I want to go.
      3) After pulling out what is available on Craigslist, I think I may want to limit who I talk to to just those that already have a snowplow. This is a must have, so is there anything I should look for?
      4) Made it this far? If so, is there anything in the below list that I should definitely check out? I pulled this list from just the past two days of posts on Craigslist and am getting a bit overwhelmed as I have not shopped for one of these, well, ever.
      2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4 w/ Warn Winch & New Tires
      2002 Honda TRX 350 LOW HOURS
      2008 Polaris 500 Deluxe EFI ATV
      ******2003 Kawaski Prairie 650 V TWIN*****
      1998 honda atv 300 fourtrax
      (has snowplow!)
      2006 Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV
      2007 Yamaha Grizzy 700 ATV
      2003 polaris 500 sportsman with snow plow
      (2) 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 Tourings
      2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 4X4 Utility ATV with Cargo Racks, 1075 miles
      And that is just for the past two days . . . so many to choose from, so Im a bit overwhelmed!!!
    • By quadcrazy
      CST is currently reaching out to our ATV fans by giving away five sets of 25" Ancla ATV utility tires on the CST Facebook page. With five winners, the odds are pretty good!
      This round features the Ancla ATV utility tires. Each set is offered in AT25X8-12 4PR fronts and AT25X10-12 4PR rears. The Ancla has a sweeping tread design, which provides superior traction on all types of terrain.
      Fans can enter the current sweepstakes, which runs until Thursday, August 29th by liking the CST Facebook page and using the sweepstakes app here: http://woobox.com/7co9gy/3zzub1. Entrants can even earn a bonus entry for every friend who enters the sweepstakes through a shared post-entry link!
      Don’t miss out on your chance to win a set of CST Ancla tires! Visit the CST Facebook page and enter today! And be sure to check out the new CST website at CSTTires.com!
      About CST Tires
      CST brand tires are offered by Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd. (Cheng Shin Tire). Employing more than 20,000 people, Cheng Shin Tire is the largest manufacturer of bicycle tires in the world and offers products in many other categories as well. Distributed in more than 150 countries, the CST brand covers a wide range of market segments. CST products include tires and tubes for bicycles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, autos, trucks, forklifts, agricultural and lawn and garden equipment. For more information, visit www.CSTtires.com .