Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Richard1970

1993 kawasaki bayou 300

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• New to atv's Looking for help on a Kawasaki Bayou 220

I am new to atv's but not to mechanical work.  I was given a 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220.  It looks to have a locked up engine.  I am going to tear down the top end and take photos. of the tear down as I go.  Anyone have any suggestion?

By viper0906, in New Members Area!

• 2 replies
    • 1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) Runs Bad

Hey I have a 97 bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) that i bought for 1000 last June and sunk another 1000 into it already.  When i went to look at it, the seller had warmed it up before hand (he was riding it when I got there).  it ran good so i bought it and took it home that evening... next morning it wouldn't hardly start.  I discovered the carb was clogged, there was chunks of rust in the fuel valve, the choke lever was missing and other things.  I have since cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel valve and gas lines and cleaned out the gas tank and cap.   Enough background on it, the problem is this:  It floods if i push it past half throttle in 4th and 5th gear even going downhill and shifting correctly.  It also has to idle and warm up when you first start it which is really annoying now that its cold...  It also smokes blue smoke for about 15 seconds when started cold-  does not smoke at all once warm but the exhaust still smells like burnt metal.  A friend told me that it didn't have enough compression.  I also found out that the valves are a common cause for low compression on Kawasakis..  I have never adjusted valves before-  the most I've ever got into a engine was a head gasket on a riding mower so I'm new to this.  My goal is to get this bike running and starting cold like a top-  should i tear down and rebuild the top end?  What should i try first?  I tore the carb apart and rebuilt it and fiddled with the air screw and nothing changed.  I also ordered a compression test kit that should be coming in soon. Ive also considered just selling it for like $500 and taking the hit-  Id rather not sink too much more into this machine..  lol

By JacobSlabach, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 180 replies
    • 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Engine Locked Up

Need help with teardown of 2001 Bayou 220.  New to atv's but not to mechanical work.  I was given this ATV and went to turn engine over by pull rope and the engine is locked up.  Pulled spark plug no change.  Was going to tear down top end.  Any suggestions or tricks before I proceed?

By viper0906, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 8 replies
    • 1999 kawasaki bayou won't crank

I picked up a 99 bayou 220 a couple years ago for cheap, put it back together as a beater for my son. He rides the hell out of it. A couple weeks ago it won't crank, push the button it does nothing. He's been pull starting it. I can jump across the two large terminals on the solenoid, basically going straight to the starter, and it starts fine. How do I test the solenoid? There are only 3 wires, 1 hot, 1 ground, I thought the last one was the trigger but apparently not. Any ideas? Thanks

By wvhylander, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 12 replies
    • 2000 Kawa Bayou 220, Carb issues?

So I bought a Bayou 220 as me 'Black Friday' score, and was informed it has carb issues..  A little history from the previous owner: they suspected the carb was bad as it was 'running like crap' so they did a rebuid kit on it. Didn't fix issue so they took it to a shop where the tech installed an aftermarket(?) carb, but had to modify the throttle cable to get it to work. Quad ran great at 1/4 throttle, but anything above that and the throttle would stick and the machine would run like garbage again. What I know and think: I hear carb issues are common and fairly easy to fix. Also, I think they used the 'universal' rebuild kit that claims '88-'11, but the jets and such were different from '00-'03 (gaskets, etc. appear to be the same) so their original attempt was a good idea, just not good enough. They did give me the original carburetor with the 4-wheeler, but it has the wrong internals. I'm thinking if I can get the right jets, springs, etc for the rebuild, I should be able to get this thing running right. Of course, I still need to charge the battery back up, change all the fluids, replace fuel lines, plug and wire.. ya know, the basics for a machine that's been sitting for roughly 9 months. lol

By Squirrel, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 10 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By brad1
      I have a 2003 Bayou 250. Suddenly, it won't start with the start switch. No clicking, no neutral light on. It will pull start fine. The battery is new. Any idea what to look at first? Thanks.
    • By katasha2
      I took apart the carburator to clean out and I can't remember exactly where the springs that are inside the float are supposed to go I've tried to look up schematics but I think I am missing a spring maybe need helpt:confused::confused:
    • By mmgood
      Just bought a 1987 bayou 185 frame and body great shape but have to rebuild motor does any one here have a manual for a 1987 kawasaki bayou 185 ? if you you do please let me know.
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks
    • By pete
      I've got a 2005 Brute Force 750 that just had the main timing chain replaced (It broke) along with a couple valves (Bent). The engine work was done by my Mechanic but I removed & reinstalled the motor.
      Put it all back together and it fired up nicely. I let it idle for a bit and pulled the dipstick to make sure I hade enough oil in it. Major pressure coming out of the crankcase, it was as if I had my hand in front of the exhaust! Tons of coolant in there as well!
      The guy who rebuilt it is very good and I know I put it all back together correctly. He obviously missed something, anyone have any thoughts?
      Thanks,
      Pete