Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

katasha2

2001suzuki king quad 300 confused

I took apart the carburator to clean out and I can't remember exactly where the springs that are inside the float are supposed to go I've tried to look up schematics but I think I am missing a spring maybe need helpt:confused::confused::confused::confused::aargh:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Freezeman
      Thought i would share a fix that I came across. I was working on a 99 scambler 500, The customer complaint was that even with the fuel shut off the tank would slowly drain out onto the ground. First I found the fuel shut off was bad/ leaking/ dripping so I installed a new one thinking that would fix it. Then I ran it and and seen that the overflow was flowing fuel out from the bowl. So I cleaned the needle and seat and changed the float height to lower the fuel level in the bowl. Well... It still overflowed and flooded. So I bench tested the needle and seat with a pop off tester. I found that these newer style needle and seats just utilize an o-ring to install the brass seat into the carb.
      The o-ring for the seat had hardened up allowing fuel into the float bowl from under the seat. New o-ring and problems solved.  

• By LMI
      Hey all,
      It's been a while since I posted.  Fan trouble and the replacement I sourced on amazon is still working great on my 2005 Suzuki KQ700.
      Unfortunately this year I lost my outdoor best friend.  He's that go to guy for everything … the day run, may walleye opener, last minute hey my boat's at work get your a$$ over here with your rod and let's go kinda buddy.   I bought the quad last year in March and with him gave it the once over and prepped it for fall hunting season, but cancer took him before we could enjoy this new aspect of outdoor life.  We planned an October trip into the bush with our quads guns and tent trailer.   It never happened.   A tribute to our fallen and lost.... But in their memory take the opportunity to grasp every minute of the outdoors you can, life is short... you can sleep at the end...
      I've curious what everyone has been doing to prep for the spring season.  I mounted my battery and the quad started up straight and easy, just powered it up once or twice to juice the injectors and it fired up after a couple of seconds.  I let it run, confirmed fan started, checked charge voltage.  all good. I did all my oils in the fall to make sure no water was present anywhere so skipped that this spring.
      So what have I done over the winter to prep for quadding?  I've been researching.  This year I am going to cross over quading with brook trout fishing.  So I have been pouring over my old maps from my youth, google maps... looking for those faint markings of trails I can't travel in my F150 (well not yet, paint still looks pretty good ).

• By Brad Lawson
      Hello all, I’m working on my sons 99 Yamaha Warrior 350. When I pulled the plastic cover off left side of engine, I can see oil leak at the seal. I pulled the bolt out and then the starter boss(I guess that’s what it’s called?) I can see that the boss doesn’t make contact with the seal. Is there a spacer of some type that slides on to the boss, to make contact with the seal? This seal is held in place with a plate with 3 screws in it. This boss slides into the bearing in the stator. I have been to parts websites and I don’t see what I’m needing. Maybe it’s just the wrong seal?
    • By Chad Hjortshoj
      Hey, working on my gf's lil dvx250 which needed the carb cleaned.  Like an idiot I removed the bracket that holds the choke lever on and the spring that was behind it that I hadn't seen popped off. Anyone have a clue how it goes back on? The manual pics dont show it and I had no luck on YouTube! Thanks!
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      Not satisfied with the commercially available versions, Jonathan recently built an ATV spring compressor.
      In this video, he demonstrates using it to remove & re-install the spring on an ATV coil-over shock absorber.
      Mistake in video - the coil-over shock is not quite a McPherson strut.
      If you are inspired to build your own spring compressor, feel welcome to use any ideas from this video.
      Thanks for watching! Resurgence Small Engine Inc.

• Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By skgw1
      Feul pump went out. Replaced. At times quad cuts out like its not getting gas. Saw article on new pump needs to be calibrated. Told how to go into a service mode. Does not tell how to calibrate after going into mode. Can anyone shed light on this procedure.
    • By Bwdeaton
      I recently picked up a king quad 700 that doesn't run in the hopes of getting it running by spring. It had been previously taken apart some and a few pieces are missing in the engine, but the frame is complete and in good condition. The motor will need a piston, rings, cylinder, cams, and a few misc parts that are missing. Also the cases will need to be split to remove the pieces of piston that are in the crankcase. The piston blew up at high rpm and did a number on the cylinder so I'm trying to find out if it would be worth rebuilding this motor it buying another engine to swap in. There may be more damage to this engine that I can see so I was wondering how bad the insides of it could be considering it destroyed the piston. I have found a motor for 1200 plus 200 shipping, the only problem is I don't have that much now and I would have to save up a while before being able to afford it. Any suggestions appreciated.