Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Firefritz

2001 Polaris Trailblazer 250 electrical issue

Hello everyone! I'm working on a 2001 Trailblazer. It wouldn't start and found the top end needed to be rebuilt. Took care of that last week and put it back together. Now I have no power to anywhere. The battery is chargerd and the the cables have good connection. I turn on the key and have nothing, no lights and it won't turnover. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Firefritz

If you have no power turning the, check the ignition switch leads for power. You'll need to grab a multi meter and start working from the battery out to test for power. Before you do that, check any fuses.

6 minutes ago, Firefritz said:

I traced it back to my ignition switch went bad. Had power in and not out when the key was on. Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear it!

Ok, now another issue. I can't win. It turns over fine but won't start. I hold my hand over the intake of the carb and then it will fire up fine and run. Supposidly the carb was just rebuilt. What should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Sounds like  either  a  needle  valve  not  adjusted  right,    or  a plugged  passage  in the "rebuilt" carb..  Is there  an  "enrichening " valve  or  choke  on the  motor?  If  a  choke ,  is  it  closing  ?.. If  it  is an enrichening  valve ,   I would guess   either  it  is  not   adjusted  properly (needle  valve needs  adjusting)  or the   passage is  plugged.  Holding your  hand over the   carb is  choking the  motor  so  it  pulls  more  gas  in, enrichening the  mixture so  it  can  cold start.  Does  the  motor  start  fine  when  warm ?    If  so, it  is  not  getting a rich enough  mix to  start  cold due  to  one of the reasons  I  mentioned..  Not  starting hot or  cold  without  choking with your  hand  could be  several  things , including the  float  level  set too  low  so  the  carb doesn't  fill  with  gas to the  proper  level.