Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wastntim

one seater vs two seater

Newbie here.

I'm looking for a new family hobby. 

I just bought my son his first atv and am now starting to look for myself.  The question is whether I should look at 2 seaters i.e. can am or single seaters.  Initially, I thought I would get a 2 seater for the wife and myself, but I am a little nervous because those units look so big.  I worry that it won't be as fun to drive and will be unduly heavy.  Also, I am thinking that if we like this new hobby the wife would like her own rather than riding behind me. 

Anybody want to chime in?

You've come to the right place, welcome to QUADCRAZY! The one seater larger ATVs can fit 2 people no real issues. I've had people on the back. I'm not a fan of the 2 seat factory design unless you are always going out with a second person. What you can invest in is some good rear cargo (atv trunk) to mount to your rear rack for seat extension and back support. However, I've never owned a two seater so maybe someone who has will have better insight! :D

Real Short, I have a Arctic cat 2 up ( two person ATV , one seat front and rear Connected ) I would not go any other way Personally. My wife have a Arctic cat Prowler SxS ( 2 Passenger Side by side ) It is bulky to me but each machine has it's own place in the market. I use mine for hunting and trail riding. We use hers to ride trails to get out to see what we see. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 4:37 PM, wastntim said:

Newbie here.

I'm looking for a new family hobby. 

I just bought my son his first atv and am now starting to look for myself.  The question is whether I should look at 2 seaters i.e. can am or single seaters.  Initially, I thought I would get a 2 seater for the wife and myself, but I am a little nervous because those units look so big.  I worry that it won't be as fun to drive and will be unduly heavy.  Also, I am thinking that if we like this new hobby the wife would like her own rather than riding behind me. 

Anybody want to chime in?

Did you settle on anything yet?

I just bought a new 2017 Yamaha Grizzly LE.  Brushed silver.   It is very cool.   Now just trying to find some trails for my son and myself. 

I plan to rent one for my wife initially to see how much she likes it ..or not . 

On 2/16/2017 at 6:48 PM, wastntim said:

I just bought a new 2017 Yamaha Grizzly LE.  Brushed silver.   It is very cool.   Now just trying to find some trails for my son and myself. 

I plan to rent one for my wife initially to see how much she likes it ..or not . 

Oooh...nice! Post some pictures or add some to the pictures section https://www.quadcrazy.com/gallery/

So the LE is a 700, does it have power steering? I have a 2004 Grizzly.

How much is it to rent an atv? You have a place by you that rents?