Quantcast

Textron dropping cat name

Phase 1.. we have a problem.  I think it's a stupid idea 

Textron Off Road to release Wildcat XX in spring 2018

April 20, 2017
Print
Email
Republish

Textron Off Road announced on Wednesday that it will be releasing its first side-by-side as the result of the Arctic Cat merger in the spring of 2018. The Wildcat XX will feature a 125-hp Triple 998 engine, 17.5 inches of front and rear suspension travel, King Shocks, KMC 15-inch wheels, 30-inch tires, full doors and a race-inspired ROPS.

wol_error.gif Click this bar to view the full image.

Textron-Wildcat-XX.jpg

Report this image

It was also formally announced that Textron Off Road will be the name of all dirt product going forward, while Arctic Cat’s sub-brands Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra will remain under the Textron Off Road Brand. Arctic Cat will be the snow brand only, going forward.
Arctic Cat originally announced that the Wildcat XX would be made available in the fall of this year, however, Textron Off Road wants more time to perfect the model, reported John Collins, vice president — Consumer, of Textron Specialized Vehicles. Textron Off Road is aiming for a spring 2018 debut, though the release could come earlier, if the model is ready before then.

Textron-SXS.jpg

Report this image

Textron Off Road will also be revealing a yet-to-be-named 100-plus horsepower side-by-side with class-leading suspension and an extended cab this fall. That vehicle was in development by Textron before the Arctic Cat acquisition.
These announcements were made Wednesday at an event in the Dallas, Texas, area. There, Textron Specialized Vehicles staff introduced media and about 50 dealers in attendance to the new Textron Off Road and Arctic Cat. The event was also simulcast to Textron Specialized Vehicles and Arctic Cat dealers across North America, as well as Textron Specialized Vehicles staff in Georgia and Minnesota. Textron Specialized Vehicles acquired Arctic Cat in March.

Textron-Event.jpg

Report this image

Powersports Business senior editor Liz Keener was on hand at the Dallas event and will have full coverage in the May 22 issue of PSB.

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Ajmboy said:

Wow, thanks for sharing. That's interesting and I kinda like the idea of arctic cat being solely for snow. Although arctic cat has had name brand recognition in the ATV world, will be interesting to see how this works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a 2018 Alterra 500, read the corporate reasoning for the name change and seemed solid and looks like they are committed to the off road world.

M2C

Edited by jimbo1944

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Lukequinn
      I have a Yamaha beartracker 250 that I can’t seem to get running right
      i am after replacing the spark plug, carburettor, and the carb boot to the engine when she starts she revs up like mad  even when the mixture screw on the carb is fully in when running she pops and stalls and won’t rev up 
      has anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it thanks