Scoopeddad

1995 Yamaha 350 big bear Solenoid click

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1995 Yamaha 350 big bear and I am having trouble starting it. You can hear the solenoid click but starter motor won't engage. Should I be looking at the starter motor or solenoid?  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

It  could be   a corroded  connection,  the  solenoid  or the  starter  motor.. A quick way to  check the  starter  motor  is to  run  12 volts  directly to the  motor  terminal.  If  the  motor  spins  over   you  know  it  is ok  and you  need to  look elsewhere  in the circuit.

I'm assuming the battery is fully charged and you have no issue with that. A weak battery could cause this as well. Otherwise, I would agree with @davefrombc and run power directly to the starter to make sure it works. 

* Topic moved to Yamaha forum and added ATV info into title.

Thanks for the tips. I will be trying to teat the starter in next few days.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BeardedBackWoods
      We have a 2wd Bear Tracker that was flooded out by a tornado and I've since been trying to get it right. I've cleared the water out of the tank and now has fresh fuel, and I've opened the carb so many times I could do it blind folded under 10min. She'll fire up as soon as you turn the key and hit the button, even on a cold start, and idles perfectly. But the second you hit the gas it bogs down and dies. I had it running GREAT for about 10-15min once and suddenly ran like shit and limped it back to the house. I've barely got it to move under its own power since. I'm at a loss at this point. Does ANYONE know of something stupid I could've missed? The carb does have a fresh rebuilt kit that I put on about a month before the flood. It was not started until it dried, I cleared the tank and opened the carb the first time. I guess I'm just gonna pull the entire thing apart again and go from there. Maybe another rebuild kit? I'm gonna swear this thing is clean though. 
      Thanks for any ideas
    • By lockey
      I need a wiring diagram for a loncin 250  2 cylinder it's a clone of a Honda rebel 
    • By lockey
      I need a wiring diagram for a loncin 250  2 cylinder it's a clone of a Honda rebel