DeadAim

Please Guys wear your gear.

17 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine crashed off a jump the other day and if still alive thanks to his protective gear if he did not have his helmet on and his Chest protector he would not be alive today. The helmet cracked in half but took the impact off his skull i cant imagine what would of happend to him if he had not worn it and with out the Chest protector he would of had a footpeg through his back. He's still in rough shape (broken arm, broken rib, and a cut liver) but with the gear truely saved his life so guys, They make it for a reason please ware it.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Hope your Friend Gets Well soon....sounds like the Gear Helped!!!!

I had something Similar happen to me about a month ago....I came out of a Trail to a Berm Shot...Thought I would be Cute and Roost the Guy behind me...I achieved it...Looked back to see how bad I got him and Zigged when I should have Zagged...Ended up going off a 15-20' Ledge Nose first about 25MPH...Did a Face plant...Shattered my Chin protector giving me a Bloody Nose and took a Nice Chip out of my front tooth...I'm guessing that my Chest hit either the handle bars or the Headlight Guard and Cracked my Sternum and Broke 2 ribs....Glad that I had My Helmet on....So I have learned that as you get older your "Cat like Reflexes" are not what they used to be and it takes longer to heal!!!!! I am still Banged up and in pain...I'm sure that if I had the Chest protector on it would have helped me...

Next time I go out....I'm gonna look like MAD MAX!!!!

6305075379.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ive been riding for Over 30 yrs now and Have never Wrecked that hard....As Matter of Fact...My last Wreck was when I was 14!!!! Back then Helmets weren't Required:eek: :D

I have on occasion rode without my gear but learned the hard way. Last September I did a nose dive doin' a jump and flipped my quad on myself. I broke my collar bone, dislocated both shoulders, broke 3 ribs, tore the cartilage that holds some of the top ribs to the breast bone, and separated my hip. I'm really glad I had my gear on then.

yep...I got banged up on some rocks and if I didn't have a helmet on....who knows.

You can get cheap neck protectors Like a haunns device like Nascar drivers wear A good top flight one runs about $650.00 Down to $160.00 then they have one that hooks to your chest protecter For about 45.00 It is worth it.

I have a 616 neck roll that I wear. It keeps your head from rolling too far. I don't remember some of my crashes. Thank god for gear.

Wow this is a pretty old thread but STILL VERY important to wear gear non the less!

You know....I still dont own anything more than a Helmet....

Well the helmet is the most important thing. :yes:

Is there any one or two peices of protective gear that someone could recommend to get first besides a helmet?I've been thinking about getting some and don't know what to get.I always wear my helmet and I just got some boots last week.I consider myself to be a recreational rider;not a racer.I'm planning on getting some nerfs and an safety kill switch later this summer...

I only wear boots and a helmet and the outfit. The outfit I wear so if I crash....I wont get any kind of burns.

goggles and gloves! Nothing worse than going thru brush and getting your knuckles trashed by brambles, or dust/sand/mud in your eyes!

Oh yeah...forgot about goggles and gloves! lol :huh:

I only wear a Helmet.....No Goves or Boots or Chest thingies or Goggles............

Gloves Bother me

Boots Suck I just wear my Work Boots

Never Tried on a Chest Thingy

Goggles I find just Piss me off....I wear Glasses so at least it is something...

Protective gear can Get Expensive....Things like a Helmet Goggles and Gloves I would buy New.....But you can get the Rest REAL CHEAP on the net used and in Great shape if you look....:wink:

I always wear my boots, riding pants, jersey, gloves, neck roll, helmet and goggles.When you fall in the rocks it hurts alot more than sand.

I wear helmet, gloves, goggles and hunting boots. I will wear a jersey and I would like to have some riding pants and a pair of riding boots.

I only wear a Helmet.....No Goves or Boots or Chest thingies or Goggles............

Gloves Bother me

Boots Suck I just wear my Work Boots

Never Tried on a Chest Thingy

Goggles I find just Piss me off....I wear Glasses so at least it is something...

Protective gear can Get Expensive....Things like a Helmet Goggles and Gloves I would buy New.....But you can get the Rest REAL CHEAP on the net used and in Great shape if you look....:wink:

Chest thingy! lol :laugh: