Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Finsdad

CanAm Ds70??

I just bought my son a 2018 Ds70. First off it ran fine at dealer and when I got it home I couldn't get it to run without the choke. I took it back and the tech took the carb off and found the low speed jet was completely clogged. He said he bored it one size over stock. Now it seems like Im chasing my tail with it. The idle is erratic and the plug is white, which Im assuming is lean. It takes at least 10-15 minutes to get warmed up which I know is not right. He is ordering me a new carb and Im having him put a DS90 throttle cable on when I take it for the carb and 10 hr service. Has anyone had any experience with these little atv's? If so please give me some pointers on what to .

• Confused 1

2018? Isn't it brand new and under warranty? If you just bought it why would it be clogged? I would not accept any modifications on it and would return it and ask for my money back if its new.

Yes it was BRAND new. It was a piece of plastic or something from either the filter or tank. He ordered a new factory carb for it and is going to warranty it. I'm going to get him to put the 90 throttle cable on it just so I can adjust it as I see fit. It seems like all the 50cc or 90cc don't have a lot of power. At least thats what I read.

I agree with @Ajmboy at the very least i would ask for another bike.  This sounds like one of those bikes that’s going to have problem after problem.  A new bike should not have to be taken apart and or have a new carb put on. And why up the jet? Makes no sense. 

I agree but I understand things can get into carb especially on a brand new bike. Im going to let him change the carb and see but if any more problems exist then I will raise cain. I do not want it to become NOT fun for my son.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 8:32 AM, Finsdad said:

I agree but I understand things can get into carb especially on a brand new bike. Im going to let him change the carb and see but if any more problems exist then I will raise cain. I do not want it to become NOT fun for my son.

Good luck with it, I agree you shouldn't have to change anything when it's new. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 4:46 PM, Finsdad said:

I just bought my son a 2018 Ds70. First off it ran fine at dealer and when I got it home I couldn't get it to run without the choke. I took it back and the tech took the carb off and found the low speed jet was completely clogged. He said he bored it one size over stock. Now it seems like Im chasing my tail with it. The idle is erratic and the plug is white, which Im assuming is lean. It takes at least 10-15 minutes to get warmed up which I know is not right. He is ordering me a new carb and Im having him put a DS90 throttle cable on when I take it for the carb and 10 hr service. Has anyone had any experience with these little atv's? If so please give me some pointers on what to .

please let me know what happened my situation is exact same as yours