Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bigguy101

2008 Arctic Cat 250 no start with electric start

I have an 08 250 that will not spark with the electric start. Starts great with the pull cord. I've replaced the stator, checked and cleaned all the electrical connections. Even with the booster on it won't spark while the button is pushed. Any ideas?

That's interesting, so pressing the electric start cranks the starter but the motor just never turns over? Spark is cut off when using the electric start? 

* Added full year and manufacturer to topic title.

No the motor turns over normally with the button pressed, just theres no spark.(spark plug out watching). Sometimes it will give a spark as you release the button, but not always. Pull over with the rope and it sparks like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I would have your battery load tested to be sure its good,

I would also check your ground connections, the heavy draw of the started might be dropping the voltage causing the weak spark.

corroded ground connections would cause this

Got at the atv again, cleaned all the connections, jumped the starter with another battery and still no spark. Found out it seems to be more the speed the engine cranks that causes the no spark. If I pull the rope slowly there is no spark either.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By orvilleortiz538
      I have a 110cc Chinese atv,the harness is in good shape,I recently bought a new stator,coil,CDI,spark plug,came as a kit from Ebay,and I still have no spark,I've watched a few videos from YouTube tried the same steps,but still no spark.... ???? Bad Flywheel??? I heard is very rare for them to go bad,(the magnets in them) I'm gonna check the harness very good again!!! I just can't get spark!!! Any suggestions Please!!!!
    • By bradleyheathhays
      So this '02 Taurus with only 87k miles on her starts right up every time multiple times a day except for twice in the last 3 weeks. The first time was 3 weeks ago and the second was today. It happened the same both times. Turn the key and stop to let the pump prime, then when I turn to the start position the engine turns real slow and sort of in fits. Usually when a battery is low the engine turns slow but in rhythm. During my 2 starts the engine barely seemed to turn and the crankshaft rpm seemed to vary. On both starting events I let off the key and tried to start 2-3 times with rests in between. But then eventually on the 4th try it starts right up just as quickly as a normal start.

I have No clue as to what might be causing this. Only thing I know to do is, next time it does this to put a voltage meter on the battery to see if it's weak. Actually though, because both events the engine ended up starting up like normal that would indicate something other than the batt. Electrically this car is a little odd though. The interior light never comes on when the doors are opened, for years, and then last week it comes on twice when one of the rear doors is opened.
    • By Kaj Colum
      Pushing the start button the engine turns and will forever without starting. But if I use the kick start it will start with one or two kicks everytime, any idea as to what is going on. New good battery and coil, I'm ready to try anything. It's a great bike, but this is getting anoying. Thank you.
    • By Michael P
      Hi i have bayou 400 when i turn it over i get one little spark and that's it? New cdi ,switch, and a used regulator/retifier,new battery any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By dbconn55
      Hi guys I have a 2003 Arctic 250 4X4 it starts idles and runs great for about 10 min. then it spits and sputters and dies but it starts right up like nothing happened idles good till you give gas and it does it again let off the gas and it's idling great again this goes on for about 15 to 20 min. and then it takes off runs good all day like nothing was wrong.
      I cleaned the carburetor it looked like a new one inside found a little gunk in one orifice, new air filter no crimped lines air line to tank good I did put a meter on the battery idling it said 16.5 V that's high I think would a voltage regulator cause this?
      Suzuki shop wanted to sale me a stator for $556.00 but said it could be something else also thought I'd see what you guys say about it
      Thanks