Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bigguy101

2008 Arctic Cat 250 no start with electric start

I have an 08 250 that will not spark with the electric start. Starts great with the pull cord. I've replaced the stator, checked and cleaned all the electrical connections. Even with the booster on it won't spark while the button is pushed. Any ideas?

That's interesting, so pressing the electric start cranks the starter but the motor just never turns over? Spark is cut off when using the electric start? 

* Added full year and manufacturer to topic title.

No the motor turns over normally with the button pressed, just theres no spark.(spark plug out watching). Sometimes it will give a spark as you release the button, but not always. Pull over with the rope and it sparks like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I would have your battery load tested to be sure its good,

I would also check your ground connections, the heavy draw of the started might be dropping the voltage causing the weak spark.

corroded ground connections would cause this

Got at the atv again, cleaned all the connections, jumped the starter with another battery and still no spark. Found out it seems to be more the speed the engine cranks that causes the no spark. If I pull the rope slowly there is no spark either.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By donerightautomotive84
      Ok so 2000 sportsman new.caltric carb new fuel pump new jug and piston new cdi and coil finally get to start it and itll idep for 5 to 10 seconds and die what am i missing people any help id love ya forever lol
      Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    • By Nick Gudex
      Hello I am new to this site and I havea problem. I have a 1987 big bear 4x4 that will not spark. I tested pick up coil per repair manual and I tested my new coil both ok. It puts out 9 volts at the coil but It is reversed polarity. So when I hook my meter up to it she shows -9 volts while cranking. When I put a test light  on it it flashes. Being an electric system this should tell me something but I don't know what its telling me. I have yet to meet one i could not fix but this old girl has me stumped. Any help would be awesome. Thanks to all.
      Nick
    • By Gary Mier
      1997 Yamaha 350 Warrior, should there be oil in the stator area? Have a no spark situation.
    • By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By Bebe
      Hey guys I'm new here. I have a 88 warrior that has intermittent spark. When I got the bike the guy said it needed a stator.  So I tested the stator and the Source coil has .310,  Trigger coil has .363 an .367,  Alternator side has .05 to .06 on the three. Which all seem in range. I did find that the ignition coil was bad and replaced it. After I  put the new coil on i got spark but only now and then. The bike won't spark while I'm holding the start button,  but as soon as I let off it will spark sometimes. I ended up unplugging the voltage regulator and it will spark every time I let off the start button, but still will not spark while I'm  holding it. What could this be?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By BosoxBruce
      Recently I noticed gas leaking from under the gas tank on my 2005 250 2x4. As I looked closer it appears to be leaking from the shut off valve under the tank. It's the valve with the handle that can be turned to open, close or reserve. Can this part be replaced? Thank you.
    • By dbconn55
      Hi guys I have a 2003 Arctic 250 4X4 it starts idles and runs great for about 10 min. then it spits and sputters and dies but it starts right up like nothing happened idles good till you give gas and it does it again let off the gas and it's idling great again this goes on for about 15 to 20 min. and then it takes off runs good all day like nothing was wrong.
      I cleaned the carburetor it looked like a new one inside found a little gunk in one orifice, new air filter no crimped lines air line to tank good I did put a meter on the battery idling it said 16.5 V that's high I think would a voltage regulator cause this?
      Suzuki shop wanted to sale me a stator for $556.00 but said it could be something else also thought I'd see what you guys say about it
      Thanks