Quantcast

First Quad...First Project

*cries*

halfway glad someone brought this thread back up.

my dad just informed me that the guy that is painting the plastic has no black or grey paint.

so he is just doing it over in white.

but im getting the nose piece black..

and the rims. and the seat. so there will still be plenty of green/black on it. just the main part will be white...i still think it will look great.

it sure will!

im going to my lakehouse this weekend with a couple of friends...of course i cant take the quad...but we will prob walk a couple of trails or build some jumps..

YAY :biggrin:

but the project is still coming along..

still trying to save money for stuff..

my dad hasnt chipped in ANYTHING yet. :confused:

i want him to buy the seat cover..

lol

Without Going back and having to Read Through 17 Pages.....

I would like to Request that you,,,,In the Next Few weeks Do a Write up with Photo's Before and after so we can Really See the Transition Take place on this....I think your doing a Bang up Job!!! Keep a File on your Computer that you can add to...You will kick yourself if you dont:realmad:

Im thinking we need a New Sub Forum....:yes:

btw my dad gave the guy that is painting it the second main peice of the plastic...he said it should be dont this weekend...and the wheels which my dad and i are doing will be done soon..so it should be put together soon enough..

im ready to ride..

im gonna start putting some hop up parts on it later cuz i dont have the dough yet.

lol.

i can always tear it apart later and do some more on it!

:wink:

If you can afford it and it is one thing on your list...

You need to put some close on your girl, she's begging for a little BRAAAP!:wink:

Actually, it's a 2 stroke so RING DING DING!

well even though the guy thats painting the plastic said last weekend he would work on it...now hes saying he'll have it done THIS weekend..

i sure hope.

anyway. im leaning twords that airbox mod and filter..

then later down the road pop a k&n in it and open it up even more.

BTW ITS ABOUT TIME.

You know, there are alot of companies that are as good as K & N with a smaller price tag. Can't think of any names off hand but I'll let you know

twin air and UNI?

but i thought K&N was like...different than them..like easier to mess with

idk i just heard they were the best but ill check those out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mhatayas
      My uncle bought a Baja 250, 2006. Knew there was no spark since the get go. He don't know anything about quads so is getting me to help him try to get it running...

battery is bad so I connected battery charger to it to crank it over , cranks over well , but no spark .... 
      Lights and everything work fine , but with each crank over using the e start switch , the display reads 999 888 777 666 ... Right down to 000 and repeats itself . 

He managed to get a parts bike , I changed over the CDI and the coil and the stator from the parts bike and there was another black box by the voltage regulator I changed over ... I used my multimeter to confirm as much as I could works , it's hard without knowing which wires are which , and I cannot find any diagrams online for this bike ? 

Do you think it could be the Killswitch? There's so many wires coming from there I don't know where to start . Also I should mention it appears the fan on the front of the bike has been taken off (the wires have been cut too ) 

If this bike sparked it would run . The previous owner said he parked it one day and it just wouldn't start after.
    • By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By Uglyside38
      I have a 1988 Quadrunner 250 2wd. My brother in law sold it to my son for $20...had been sitting outside for several years. Got it home and had it running in about 30 mins. Ran it a bit and then went to looking at the carb as it was having trouble idling. Was getting it pretty close, then started losing spark...Also, it wouldn't start up every time...only about 1 in 5 tries. Anyway...now, it has what I can only describe as "intermittent" spark. I can get 1 light spark right when the start button is pressed and sometimes one when it's released...but none while cranking. 🤷‍♂️

I have replaced the spark plug, ignition coil/wire, and traced wires best I can. I noticed a couple frayed wires at the pickup coil where it enters the case. So, now I have the cover off, stator and pickup coil out and trying to test the coil. I do have about 114 ohms resistance for pickup best I can tell. And I can read minute voltage when I drag a magnet across it. Could it still be bad? Can a bad ignition switch/button cause this? (I did have the switch off to oil the choke cable)...pulling rope makes no difference though...any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!! It's the intermittent part that's throwing me off! 

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!