Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wolfrider

atv/utv riding in maine?

Looking to Ride in Maine (end of july) but never been.  Looking for advice on trails for my rzr xp (64" wide) and foreman atv's and place to stay with my family (no camping).  Any help much appreciated.  

• Like 1

Legal max atv width in ME is 60" , so your rzr xp won't fit between either the rocks or posts they use at trail entrances and you'll get a ticket if caught.  

The farther North you travel the more extensive the trail system. North of Newport you'll find 60+ Mike long trails with regular gas and food stops. I wouldn't plan on your cell phone working, as coverage gets very spotty / non existent in places

The southern and western part of the state tends to be crowded with shorter trails.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AKATV
      For those that have been pulling hair out-
      It took me a month to figure this out, but I am glad to report that I have figured out how to repair my 2004 450ES Speedometer

If you have a Honda Foreman 02-04 450 ES model ( 4 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or a Honda Foreman 99-00 450 ES model ( 3 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or aOnda Rancher 00-03 TRX350ES

and your display:

- Is Blank

- does not show the gear indicator spot at all (not the gear or --) but the
      backwards "L" that goes around the gear position - its just blank

-your miles and hours have reverted to zeros or all 9"s and possibly now shows KM now instead of Miles

-your speed shown seems to have almost doubled (possibly KMs per hour even thought it shows Miles)

What has happened is your EEPROM chip on motherboard has lost the programming due to dead battery for
      a LONG time or an electrical malfunction etc...

I have borrowed a friends speedometer (a trusting friend) removed the chip from his, copied the data and put it on mine and it reads perfect now.

I can repair your speedometer it will have 1851 miles and 317.2 hours on it as that is the only copy I have for the 02-04 Foreman 450ES
      I can also do 99-2000 450ES speedometers (3 indicator lights on top of meter) but will have to double-check check on the mileage/hours copy I have and let you know to see if you want that

I can also do TRX500FM and FE meters and the older Rancher 350ES meters as well but it has to have the above symptoms and not water damaged-caught on fire, cracked lcd, etc....

If you have one you want repaired just send to me (just the board with LCD) I can repair it for you for $45.00 or barter if you have a second bad meter for parts
      Shipping would be 4 - $5.00 for First Class with tracking and I will pay return shipping
      I will confirm and send pictures to you as well to show a working completed repair on your display
      If there is heavy water corrosion, rust and rot damage etc.. its probably not repairable but I can try if you want -no fix-no pay
      If you PM me or whatever we can work it out I am easy and like you all I am always fiddling/learning with wheelers
      I think you will be happy and you will have more hair -mine is filling back in...................
      Message me if interested

I am now also doing burned out screen repair if your screen has become unreadable due to UV sunburn damage from the sun
      It will appear burned or melted.
      The cost is 45.00 with same or next day turnaround
      Will do partial barter if you have a second speedometer for parts
      PM me if interested
      Before and after pictures below

• By Blenderite
      Hello guys! New to the forum, and fairly new to ATVs. I've driven them, but never owned one. Now I do own one. Just picked it up today. It's a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350. It's been through some stuff. The guy I got it from told me the previous owner removed the front diff because he didn't want to replace the half shaft. So it's 2wd, even though it's supposed to be 4x4. Lovely. I can deal with that for now.

More importantly, I need to get it running. The carb needs to be rebuilt. The guy I got it from said he sprayed it all out and it still didn't work. I'm concerned he might have damaged it or not put all the parts back. I was looking at a replacement carb, and the OEM parts is $600. I'd rather not spend $600 if there are any other options. I have seen carbs on Amazon and eBay that are in the $40 - $100 range that say they fit. Anyone have experience with these? I'm going to get a rebuild kit for the current carb just to make sure that won't fix it.

Thats the first thing with it. Secondly, it was completely rewired. I need to find a original wiring diagram so I can put it back how it was, with a key and all. Currently it's wired with just a rocker switch. Any sources for a service manual that would include wiring diagrams?

Thirdly, is the Big Bear 350 a good atv? I picked it up for $700. It does start and run when you spray starting fluid into the air intake, so I am not concerned about the engine being bad. I plan to use it for the farm, running around and carrying things with it like minerals and feed and such. Not really for mudding and things like that. How good is the 99 350?

I am certain I will have more questions as I examine it more, but that's all for now. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

-Blenderite
    • By Chrism
      Hi all, new to this forum so thanks in advance for the help.

I have recently brought a 2013 power steering fuel injected foreman 500.

It has a crack in the front casing and was running rough. I have since replaced the front engine casing and this has made no difference to the engine performance.

It starts and idles but bogs down and starts to die once throttle is applied.

It maybe be but it also sounds very load.

I have uploaded a video link of it.

• By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By Airborne
      Hows evryone feel about blasting around in snow ? 
      I love it usually after all plowing is done ill drop the plow and just go lut and have fun. From drifting all over lol to packing snow trails in woods its fun , never been into snow mobiles ,  where we live its very rural and our roads seem like an afterthought when it comes to plowing lol , usually last to get cleared , so we will hit the back roads to powerlknes and such , we have several people around here with side by siedes ,and the usually hit the powerlines , pack the trails and then we hit them good fun ....Anybody else ?