Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SirMaxwell

1999 KLF220A - Parts search

As I am new to the world of Kawasaki ATV's, I was wondering if anyone could make a few recommendations where I can find some parts.

For sure I will need 4 tires, a wiring harness, an ignition switch, a battery, maybe a carb, the little hose from air box to carb,  the front cover above the main fenders (cowl cover?) and of course the standard spark plugs and filters. Oh and URRRGGGHH on this, a whole bunch of nuts bolts and screws. The arsehat that removed various panels, lost most of the screws and bolts.  For an OCD'er like me that drives me bonkers.

Thanks for any help.

Oh and yes I am trying the search tool, though it seems to not be forum specific? However, I also need post counts that are not spam.

Max

The search is keyword driven and will pull up content from all areas of the site, but you can also do advance search and filter out some of the results. For parts, i usually check online at varous aftermarket source such as rocky mountain atv, bikebandit, and motosport. I also check amazon. 😉

2 hours ago, SirMaxwell said:

As I am new to the world of Kawasaki ATV's, I was wondering if anyone could make a few recommendations where I can find some parts.

For sure I will need 4 tires, a wiring harness, an ignition switch, a battery, maybe a carb, the little hose from air box to carb,  the front cover above the main fenders (cowl cover?) and of course the standard spark plugs and filters. Oh and URRRGGGHH on this, a whole bunch of nuts bolts and screws. The arsehat that removed various panels, lost most of the screws and bolts.  For an OCD'er like me that drives me bonkers.

Thanks for any help.

Oh and yes I am trying the search tool, though it seems to not be forum specific? However, I also need post counts that are not spam.

Max

For older Quads or Scooters & motorcyles I use BIKEBANDIT.COM

the prices are usually good and the shipping is pretty quick & not outrageous

• Thanks 1

Jziggy,

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind.

So far I have used partszilla and amazon. Might haye myself but for 20 bucks gonna try that new carb, and that 6 dollar ignition switch. :D

Max

Seems to be a bunch of 220, 250, and 300 parts on ebay. I know because I've been searching for 400 parts and almost none of the other sizes will work. Of coarse they are what I find, lol.

For missing bolts I have a metric thread chaser. I use it for it's normal job of cleaning holes but it's also handy to find the size of a bolt. You can then stick a wire in the hole and measure how long the bolt needs to be.

Edited by neo71665