Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Curtis Wollam

Honda Rancher 2013 solenoid issue?????

Replaced the starter about a year ago......took it apart and the armature was toast and in a million pieces.  replaced the solenoid as well.4 wheeler was running fine....then 10 minutes after last ride, won't start.  Solenoid just clicks and a little whine.  Battery is giving me 12+ volts, key on and key off.  My thought is solenoid.  I tapped the starter in case the brushes were dusty....no dice.  I noticed on both my old solenoid and the one I replaced it with.......both of the posts move, I can pull them up and push them down.  I know that can't be good.  Give me some ideas, guys.....I need the thing running.  Thanks.

I just uploaded the factory service manual for the 2013 rancher 420. Is this the same machine

My guess if it's making the whine sound - the solenoid is good and the starter is getting power

It's just not engaging with the flywheel - spray some wd40 or similar around the spring and gear

• Like 1

@colin james It looks like the right one, but I can't download it yet.  Not enough activity on the site as a newbie.  I'll keep an eye on it, though.  Thank you very much.